Gaming can you brick a psp

SugaDaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
without having custom firmware? my psp 1000 wont boot but has still charges the battery. im trying to get to the bottom of this but i cant figure it out

SugaDaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey its u again lol. i did what u said in my other post, followed the power line to what i think is the fuse, which was popped off. when i hold it on to the motherboard the battery gets charged but still no green LEDs. i wasnt updating the psp either. do u think i blew the motherboard?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since the battery charges then you know the power line was messed up at one spot I have little doubt it was messed up elsewhere. There is probably a broken/missing part somewhere else that might not be as noticeable.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unsure.gif

Simply speaking:

Resistors limit current through an electrical device so other electrical components don't get fried.

Capacitors are sort of like short term batteries that gather up a charge for components to run off of.

Basically it is lowlevel stuff that (as you are becoming aware of) isn't stuff noobies should really mess around with.

D

Deleted User

Have you tried the Universal Unbricker? (Use TotalNewbi Easy Installer, it comes with it, and it's pretty awesome) BTW you need a Pandora's Battery (or Datel TOOL Battery, check Amazon or something) and a Magic Memory Stick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1