Can you boot GBA games from G6 Manager?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by showdown, Sep 25, 2006.

Sep 25, 2006
  1. showdown
    OP

Newcomer showdown Member

United States
    I get bored going into GBA mode and waiting :\. And I still want to play Zelda / Puzzle Fighter / MM Zero / whatever.

2. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    You can only boot GBA games from GBA mode.

3. FFVII-2

Member FFVII-2 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    boot the g6 without the pass me or whatever in the ds slot. itll go straight to gba menu.

4. c001m4n

Newcomer c001m4n Newbie

Canada
    just tap on the "G6 Manager" on top left then shows "Option" and tap on "GBA Mode". save you the trouble of turn it on and off and pull out the passcard [​IMG]

5. htoxad

Member htoxad GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hit the y button to switch to gba mode. using the menu is for suckers.

6. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It would be so much nicer if you could just boot GBA games from the same menu as DS games, though. The GBA menu is ugly and hard to use (why does it operate with a fake mouse pointer for crying out loud?). This is something I plan on looking into when I start looking at DS/GBA dev sometime next month after I'm settled in my new house. It sounds like it might be complicated because of the way each GBA/DS flash card uses different FATs and everything, but I think it should be possible.

...word is bondage...

7. ShadowStitch

Member ShadowStitch Devilot's Tubtoy

United States
    I wouldn't mind so much, (I mean, pressing 'Y' at the main NDS menu isn't such a big deal) if afterwards it went directly to the Evolution Loader and showed the list of GBA games, instead of taking me to the GBA Main Menu instead.

Speaking of; is there any way to make GBA mode boot directly to the games list, rather than going through all that mess?

It would be extra-sweet to just press Y and have it boot to the GBA mode and then go straight to the list of games like the NDS loader.