Hacking Can you answer my question?

Jordi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know a flashcard uses more energy than an original game, but does the CycloDS drain more life than some other flashcards? I want to buy a CycloDS, and I first want to know this.
I don't use an SDHC and no expansion.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think one flash cart drains the battery more than another. But using regular microSD drains less battery than SDHC.

Don't hold me 100% to this, but i'm pretty sure all carts themselves are similar on drain.

Jordi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WildWon said:
I don't think one flash cart drains the battery more than another. But using regular microSD drains less battery than SDHC.

Don't hold me 100% to this, but i'm pretty sure all carts themselves are similar on drain.
You made my day
yaynds.gif
Thx
Let's wait for other replies. with 3 positive replies (and less negative) I'll buy one
biggrin.gif

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the additional drain a flash card provides is minimal in high-consumption modes such as gameplay on full brightness. during normal gameplay, it is still low enough not to be of any greater disadvantage. The only mode in which flash cards really suck is sleep mode, however you can just real-time save and turn off your DS instead, saving even more power.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's not much difference between carts. It mostly depends on your brightness setting, game, enabled features, etc.

evoo1

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you read gbatemps review of the CycloDs EVO you can find out there, that there's like a difference of 30minutes play-time when running an original game or the backup using a CycloDS EVO.

But hey, with the adjust screen brightness feature the Cyclo ships with, you shouldn't worry about battery-life. In fact you can squeeze out a lot of playtime when you play on a lower brightness level.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
The time is about the same as most other flashcarts, give or take a few minutes.

Regular microSD drains less than SDHC, from what I hear, and screen brightness is also a large factor to consider. There's also the lifetime of your battery: it makes sense if you use your DS frequently, the battery will deteriorate over time and the battery life will minimize over many uses. Once this happens, all you really have to do is replace the battery, I believe the official Nintendo one is $15.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone gave me an N5 (R4 copy) the other day to install software and as soon as i popped it into my ds lite the red lite came on and stayed on for the few minutes i browsed the menu!

However once i got my supercard back into the DS the light changed back to green and i managed a good hour till red playing an emulator, soooooo

Iv also noticed my battery time half's when i have both my supercard and lite in at the same time even though my slot 1 card isn't usually in use!

paul

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)