Hacking Can you a9lh an o3ds xl with a phone?

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any samples of actual malware installed by it? Because I'm finding incredibly mixed reports from earlier last year about it creating a folder related to a Chinese ROM, but no actual proof of malware. There's reports of it aggressively pushing shovelware, but no actual malware.

Edit: Yeah, it just used aggressive advertising at one point (it might still), but it never installed actual malware. I'm also not seeing any reports that it's still doing this kind of advertising either.
its not the app but the ads. and getting a capture on it would be hard to do.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
that injectablefbi never downloadable in my case, so i still need pc to run go.bat combining an fbi cia with the dumped hs.app.
It downloads just fine on my end. Is it being blocked by your firewall or something?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
its not the app but the ads. and getting a capture on it would be hard to do.
What do you mean by "getting a capture"? I'm asking for a malicious APK that either it or the ads downloaded and installed without user consent. I haven't found anything on Google about this. All I've found are lockscreen advertising reports, a folder being created with benign files inside, and the app itself pushing shovelware.

Ew, no. Flud is the best Android torrent client.

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by "getting a capture"? I'm asking for a malicious APK that either it or the ads downloaded and installed without user consent. I haven't found anything on Google about this. All I've found are lockscreen advertising reports, a folder being created with benign files inside, and the app itself pushing shovelware.

a cature because no malformed apk is actually installed as es file explorer has all permissions to the phone, im guessing you dont know much about security?
amd ive never heard of flud before.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if the app was malformed or downloaded malformed apks and installed them then it wouldnt pass he tests done before it goes up on the playstore, which is why they often infect the phone using services provided by es file explorer, most commonly access to other apps such as gapps where a users details can be taken

ive tested this by having a clean phone and using only es file explorer for awhile not even the web browser eventually the details for the google accounts got changed to @bb (a chinese mail server)

i would at least reccomend not using the phone as a 2fa and changing youre password commonly if you wish to use it.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
a cature because no malformed apk is actually installed as es file explorer has all permissions to the phone, im guessing you dont know much about security?
amd ive never heard of flud before.
I'm a CISSP certified contract IS auditor. Security pays my mortgage. So yes, I do know quite a bit about this. No, ES does not have complete access to the device, even with root (the way it invokes root is even piss poor). Malware for Android is delivered as an APK. Raw CVEs aren't, but these are coupled with something like Dendroid APKs or other malware for privilege escalation purposes. They leverage something like stagefright and install a malicious APK silently. This is why I asked for a sample of a malicious APK that was delivered through one of these advertisements.

Last edited by Joom,

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm a CISSP certified contract IS auditor. Security pays my mortgage. So yes, I do know quite a bit about this. No, ES does not have complete access to the device, even with root (the way it invokes root is even piss poor). Malware for Android is delivered as an APK. Raw CVEs aren't, but these are coupled with something like Dendroid APKs or other malware for privilege escalation purposes. This is why I asked for a sample of a malicious APK that was delivered through one of these advertisements.
i never said it had full access, and i dont have full control over a physical device so i cant capture it. but ive tried it over and over with the same result. it only happens with es installed (which is why i dont reccomend it). and fancy maybe you could teach me some things sometimes. ^-^ one of the things im going to college for is I.T. so most of what i know is on the computer side of things.

I'm a CISSP certified contract IS auditor. Security pays my mortgage. So yes, I do know quite a bit about this. No, ES does not have complete access to the device, even with root (the way it invokes root is even piss poor). Malware for Android is delivered as an APK. Raw CVEs aren't, but these are coupled with something like Dendroid APKs or other malware for privilege escalation purposes. They leverage something like stagefright and install a malicious APK silently. This is why I asked for a sample of a malicious APK that was delivered through one of these advertisements.
oh i did say all .3. well i didnt mean literally perhaps i should watch my wording.

Zyteus

Dredgen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, everybody, for the replies! For some reason, I'm not getting notifications so I didn't see any response till I checked it.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
es file explorer has malware ._. many others have confirmed it. i think its the ads that are infected.\
False, false, and more false. Although I have the Pro version because I support devs who make good apps, I've never had any infected ads on my phone. I scan weekly.

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
False, false, and more false. Although I have the Pro version because I support devs who make good apps, I've never had any infected ads on my phone. I scan weekly.
pro version removes ads though .-. also i dont get much money. then how would you explain it only happening with es file explorer?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
i never said it had full access, and i dont have full control over a physical device so i cant capture it. but ive tried it over and over with the same result. it only happens with es installed (which is why i dont reccomend it). and fancy maybe you could teach me some things sometimes. ^-^ one of the things im going to college for is I.T. so most of what i know is on the computer side of things.

oh i did say all .3. well i didnt mean literally perhaps i should watch my wording.
Was this phone that this happened to absolutely brand new and stock, or had it been factory restored after doing so much to it? Some malware is persistent across formats and require that the actual partition table be flushed and recreated. Any way, we got a bit off-topic here. If you wanna talk in PM I don't mind. I'm more than happy to share what I know.

Awesomeslayerg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it would be hard to do really.. Im going to try to test this theory.. I believe it's possible because all you need is to download stuff and put it in your SD card. With a phone it's should be possible all needing is really a file explorer like ES file explorer and a slot on the phone.

Besides injection..

Last edited by Awesomeslayerg,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte