Homebrew Can Win2DS brick your ds at all?

FinalKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I'm just wondering if in any way using win2DS can brick my NDSL. A friend of mine pointed out that the DS has like 67mhz and that it would not be enough to keep up with whats going on with the comp...So can it happen?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bricking does not result from overstressing the processor, the data will just not be processed as fast. The DS processor is not designed to overclock itself to deal with any stress handed to it.
The major cause of bricking is either short-circuiting some component inside the DS (blowing a fuse in the process) or overwriting the DS firmware.

FinalKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fat D said:
Bricking does not result from overstressing the processor, the data will just not be processed as fast. The DS processor is not designed to overclock itself to deal with any stress handed to it.
The major cause of bricking is either short-circuiting some component inside the DS (blowing a fuse in the process) or overwriting the DS firmware.
Oh ok. Thank you for explaining that to me.

tenentenen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, as fat D said, unless you change the actual firmware of the ds, or somehow destroy/modify any of the hardware, there is virtually no chance of bricking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free