Can Wii vc injects use existing save data on vWii?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by legoinventeor, Aug 27, 2018.

1. legoinventeor
    OP

legoinventeor GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2017
    Spain
    I want to have my wii games on the WiiU menu instead of usbloaderGX, but I already have save data created by the games i played on it. Will they work on vWii injects? Thank you.

MKTV likes this.
  2. Cart00nHead

Cart00nHead Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2017
    United Kingdom
    its possible they use the same virtual mem card i think i managed mine with nintendont menus on vwii side but the only example i can think of right now is with fzerox as thats the only game i have ran with one save with a inject on both sides, example a inject on wii u and then loaded via homebrew on vwii

my reason is this method i use sounds crazy but it came down to if i feel like using gamepad controls or widescreen or tv screen and pad at same time i just like a challenge sometimes and choice of aspect ratio depending on how i'm playing :)

legoinventeor likes this.
  3. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    yes they will, any injected wii game will use the saves on vwii portion, heck even a legit bought wii game on wiiu menu will save and read your vwii saves and save there, remenber that the wiivcinjection must be the same region to read the save.

if you inject lets say ssbb ntsc and had a pal save, ssbntsc will creat a new save rather than read the pal saving.

legoinventeor likes this.
  4. legoinventeor
    OP

legoinventeor GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2017
    Spain
    Thanks I can confirm.