Hacking Can Wii U Japan use english interface?

Kenpham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I hace not luck with it i think i might screw it up in some point would you be more specific and i know is a lot to ask but could you share spanish files too i’ll completely understand if it is hard
I haven't tried Spanish but the logic is the same bro.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@viago , if you have Japan version of your Wii U, YES you can play with other Games Region you need to Mod your Wii U and use a software/app called Spiik into your Wii U console.

With Spiik, will not work just few Nintendo first party game (but are really few of them) and to work also with them you need to change the language Game once you will install into your Wii U Console...

@0xabad1dea, @Kenpham , the news that you gave I belive it's quite big for this comunity because no one till yesterday knows that could be possible to CHANGE the Wii U language with just replace the system files.....Because everyone says that can srew up your Wii U console as the console it's Region Locked. @0xabad1dea Please, I suggest you to open a new topic in this section with this BIG NEWS man, and write the procedure and some picture or video proof of it!!!!!!

Last edited by CrisMod,

KeinesR

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@viago , if you have Japan version of your Wii U, YES you can play with other Games Region you need to Mod your Wii U and use a software/app called Spiik into your Wii U console.

With Spiik, will not work just few Nintendo first party game (but are really few of them) and to work also with them you need to change the language Game once you will install into your Wii U Console...

@0xabad1dea, @Kenpham , the news that you gave I belive it's quite big for this comunity because no one till yesterday knows that could be possible to CHANGE the Wii U language with just replace the system files.....Because everyone says that can srew up your Wii U console as the console it's Region Locked. @0xabad1dea Please, I suggest you to open a new topic in this section with this BIG NEWS man, and write the procedure and some picture or video proof of it!!!!!!
I have a friend with a japanese wii u, i will try and let all of you know, it is really big news. But i'm a little scared because of the brick risk

Reactions: CrisMod

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spiik shouldn't be able to brick the system, but if you're trying to change the user interface, there's definitely a chance. I'd suggest installing cbhc if possible. there's brick protection, to a degree.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
spiik shouldn't be able to brick the system, but if you're trying to change the user interface, there's definitely a chance. I'd suggest installing cbhc if possible. there's brick protection, to a degree.
Spiik doesn't brick anything, Spiik it's just an app to launch before the game and it will be disabled once you turn off the console. The app just let think to the game that it's in a different region console as the game matching that's it.

The files that o mentioned above it's not the Spiik app, but te system files translated for Japan consoles...

Kenpham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I can mod the system that Wii U JP console can play wii u US games (just for 3rd party developer, not work for Nintendo’s games like Mario, Donkey Kong…)
This is not as simple as changing the language. Can brick your system if the file you download/push to wii u not fully completed and correct.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how much of the system needs to be in tact, but you might be able to save yourself if something bad happens like an incomplete transfer if you have cbhc. it sorta has some brick proofing abilities for certain types of bricks. I know it can save you if the home menu is corrupted.

Kenpham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I don't know how much of the system needs to be in tact, but you might be able to save yourself if something bad happens like an incomplete transfer if you have cbhc. it sorta has some brick proofing abilities for certain types of bricks. I know it can save you if the home menu is corrupted.
This mod affects directly to the home menu bro. So if there is a mistake like 1 byte lost while transferring, you will get bricked. The system stuck before you can go to menu and open ftpiiu to fix the file. I bricked one console so I don't want everybody take that risk.

Reactions: KeinesR

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but cbhc boots before the home menu, so it may be possible to fix such a brick. the home menu is the first folder listed in sys/title/00050030 iirc.

Kenpham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
but cbhc boots before the home menu, so it may be possible to fix such a brick. the home menu is the first folder listed in sys/title/00050030 iirc.
My console using mocha so I don’t have chance to test with haxchi. If you guys want that mod, I’ll prepare an instruction.
Actually, there are a few options for us to play US games on JP Console, much safer than mod the system. We should use that for our console.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's possible sd caffiine will work with this and be risk free, just never used the app before. I know it can modify the home menu at least for testing purposes.

Kenpham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The problem is of Filezilla. Sometimes it dropped 1-2 bytes when transferring data to Wii u. I’ll prepare an instruction for this mod when I have free time.
The pros is at least we don't need to mod 3rd party games.

Reactions: CrisMod

KeinesR

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The problem is of Filezilla. Sometimes it dropped 1-2 bytes when transferring data to Wii u. I’ll prepare an instruction for this mod when I have free time.
We will wait, i think your job on changin language is tremendous. I wasn't able to try it, but i will

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If Filezilla create you the problems, you can use the integrated direct connection from Microsoft, you need just to add a connection address instead of use third party software to do the same.
Anyway so exicetd to see this , even if i don't hold the Jap version of it, and please Man when you are ready try to open a new topic that makes clear this situation , otherwise if you post here it will be lost in between different topic with questions and people in the future still ask about it...

Kenpham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi guys,
I found that WinSCP is more reliable and stable than Filezilla. Tested a few consoles and they worked like a charm. I'll open a new thread about changing language & mod the system for playing 3rd party US games on Wii U JP. Quite busy with my switch lite & personal tasks but I'll try my best to post it soon.
Thanks guys for encorage me to share this.

Last edited by Kenpham,

barako2121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
the files are not complete. some icon titles and other apps are still in jap. anyone has the files for these?
user menu
daily log
notifications
health and safety
download mgnt
internet browser
manual
mii editor

Reactions: Lizander2000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released