Hacking Can Wii U Japan use english interface?

viago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dear..

I own a Wii U firmware 5.2.0 J with Japan interface. i wonder if there is any way i can update it to an English firmware or any english interface ?

Thank!

Reactions: Margen67

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Wii U consoles are region locked, i.e, European Wii U = European FW / American Wii U = American FW and so on but have you tried looking into the System Settings' languages options?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I can confirm no English language option on the Japanese Wii U, and there's no way to install firmware from a different region.

viago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you Guys.
I have no idea about that until the first start. I buy it as a present for my little girl and now i think that the worst idea i have ever had. I should take PS4 instead.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You won't need to go into the settings very often so that doesn't matter. You will be region locked to Japanese games though, which are almost all in just Japanese.

A Japanese PS4 lets you select any language and is also region free.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't need to go into the settings very often so that doesn't matter. You will be region locked to Japanese games though, which are almost all in just Japanese.

Hopefully that changes once the Wii U exploit is released :yayu:and somebody makes a region free/language changing loader like the one on the 3DS

viago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really hate nintedo for this region lock. I decide to softmode it even i dont speak japanese so if it break, i dont have to look at it anymore :P . The problem is i cant buy japanese game disk (with exploit) in my region :)), so i wonder (if anyone has tried it) use an disk with other region to softmode wii u. I cant find this information anywhere, maybe because it is too obvious. Thank you for any advice.

D

Deleted User

I really hate nintedo for this region lock. I decide to softmode it even i dont speak japanese so if it break, i dont have to look at it anymore :P . The problem is i cant buy japanese game disk (with exploit) in my region :)), so i wonder (if anyone has tried it) use an disk with other region to softmode wii u. I cant find this information anywhere, maybe because it is too obvious. Thank you for any advice.

I'm no expert but I can tell you this:
1. No you can't use a game from another region to softmod since the game needs to boot to access exploit.
2. Only the Wii part of Wii U can be softmodded (for now) so you can't change to English or make region-free your Wii U for Wii U games or for any Wii U features. You can only make region-free vWii (Wii mode), that is run only Wii games from another region.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do you have internet access? You could just buy digital versions from the eShop

Reactions: Wellington2k

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

So you're saying there's some games in English? Which are they?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There is not much you can do on the Wii U side of things.
You can hack Wii Mode, install a USB loader and your daughter(?) will have plenty of Wii games to play until a Wii U Mode region free hack is released. You can also run GameCube games on it through Nintendont. That should be enough to keep her busy for the next few years.

viago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just curious, what versions of Wii U do you have avaliable for sale in Vietnam?
Here we have Japanese and American Wii Us.
Nintendo doent have any store iin Viet Nam but i can tell you that It is very easy to find any us games.

viago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have internet access? You could just buy digital versions from the eShop
Is that true that i can use digital games to shopmode my wii u. It is really help if you could just confirm that information. In any tutorial they r alway use a game disk to make the magic. :D

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The WiiU is not hackable to play WiiU games yet.
All you can hack is the vWii part that only play Wii games and there is no brick protection for vWii yet.
And your WiiU system menu will still be in Japanese.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah it will work they are savegame exploits nothing to do with the physical disk. i used the digital version of lego star wars trilogy and the return of the jodi exploit

I really hope you're trolling
Is that true that i can use digital games to shopmode my wii u. It is really help if you could just confirm that information. In any tutorial they r alway use a game disk to make the magic. :D

I just meant for Wii U games, Wii games require disks unless you use a USB loader, but that requires it being hacked first, so see if you can find a Japanese copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman, or Yu-Gi-Oh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: