Dr.Killa

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
say i make a game with game maker, and i want to play it on wii. depending on how simple it is, can it be ran on wii with an .exe emulator, if there is even one?

James B.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
possible, but not goign to happen unless you run win98 in dosbox, but I am sure any exe that you want to run wont work with win98 anyways, so you are out of luck.

But to give you the same experience, I can write an app that gives you constant BSOD's, and then you will feel at home with your windows machine. LOL

Obviously a mac user: note the use of the word 'app' and the bashing of Windows.

Just messing with you
smile.gif

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you could install Wii Linux, then install Qemu and Wine to run Windows executables though it would be slow. As for a direct emulator, the easiest way would probably be to add an x86 emulator to ReactOS and port ReactOS to the wii.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
nl255 said:
Well, you could install Wii Linux, then install Qemu and Wine to run Windows executables though it would be slow. As for a direct emulator, the easiest way would probably be to add an x86 emulator to ReactOS and port ReactOS to the wii.

wine is not adviliable in ppc linux

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrostemp said:
nl255 said:

That's why you run it in seamless mode to run wine in x84 mode.

OOPMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fivex said:
nitrostemp said:
nl255 said:

That's why you run it in seamless mode to run wine in x84 mode.

x84? Are you on drugs?

The Wii uses a PPC processor and also has an ARM processor. In case you don't get it, neither does native x86. The best (Hahahahaha, what a joke) bet would be to port something like Bochs (Which is an x86 emu).

Possible? sure!
Viable? Hell will freeze over first...

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OOPMan said:
The best (Hahahahaha, what a joke) bet would be to port something like Bochs (Which is an x86 emu).

Possible? sure!
Viable? Hell will freeze over first...

Wine can run on top of qemu(which is another emulator that does a lot more than just x86). It's how darwine can run some shit on a ppc mac.

Edit Since 2004 http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/piperm...une/014468.html. Would still be horrendousley slow and pointless.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
possible, but not going to happen unless you run win98 in dosbox, but I am sure any exe that you want to run wont work with win98 anyways, so you are out of luck.

But to give you the same experience, I can write an app that gives you constant BSOD's, and then you will feel at home with your windows machine. LOL

ROFL couldnt of said that better myself

RupertAvery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well if it's a game maker, someone could come up with a game maker engine port, esp if the rules/game logic, graphics and sounds are stored outside the exe. Still, that would be a big if, but at least it wouldn't be emulation.

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
LOL. You people are pathetic...just make an accessory that attaches to the Wii Remote and it will allow you to run .exe's or even PS3 games...I spent a total of two years making mine!

CABLE53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could port the exe file directly, assign the equal values of the two languages and it should work.(Translate it manually or make a dol to exe converter(even still, it would be tough though. It would take a ton of time and you would have to water the graphics down to prevent freezing and other problems)). Something that might be worth porting though might be Chromecast Ultra software or something like it, then you could make the Wii a Stadia compatible machine let it run minimum graphics and hook it up manually to your router for the most network speed it could handle. If there is still any ram problems (even though most of the ram is in Google's servers and not your actual machine) then I would just end all hope of playing newer games or software on the Wii. Unless the companies who make that software are able to release it for Wii, and that is if they even want/care to. Another problem with making the Wii Stadia compatible, is legal crap. You don't want to port something you don't own unless they've released the source code for it, and gave you free permission to do whatever with it(except sell it for your profit). It might be possible, but it would be crazy trying to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs