Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Although emulation is not my field of expertise and I am not completely sure this wouldn't work, my answer at this time would be no.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
As it stands, no NDS emulator will have local downplay support nor WiFi support. For local download play, the Nintendo DS expects 0 latency due to the proximity of the DS consoles. So there must be 0 lag for it to work and the NDS has a very low tolerance for latency. Even if you have a very fast connection, the latency of simply having your request routed through your ISP and the servers until it eaches its target would cause download play to fail. People have tried in the past but they all failed to implement download play because of this.

Now only is latency is a problem but download play and WiFi uses RSA encryption to verify the data is from a Nintendo DS and hasn't been tampered with. As to this day, no one has been able to break the RSA encryption used by Nintendo so its impossible for a NDS to add in official WiFi support since the Nintendo DS requires a RSA encrypted connection to the Nintendo servrs before connecting to other people.

Now there has been projects to tunnel download play across te internet on the Nintendo DS itself (Though it would require third party hardware and modifying the NDS), but they all failed due to what I stated above. For download play to work you need 0 latency which no ISP is capable of maintaining.

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, you cant.

Narin said:
As it stands, no NDS emulator will have local downplay support nor WiFi support. For local download play, the Nintendo DS expects 0 latency due to the proximity of the DS consoles. So there must be 0 lag for it to work and the NDS has a very low tolerance for latency. Even if you have a very fast connection, the latency of simply having your request routed through your ISP and the servers until it eaches its target would cause download play to fail. People have tried in the past but they all failed to implement download play because of this.

Now only is latency is a problem but download play and WiFi uses RSA encryption to verify the data is from a Nintendo DS and hasn't been tampered with. As to this day, no one has been able to break the RSA encryption used by Nintendo so its impossible for a NDS to add in official WiFi support since the Nintendo DS requires a RSA encrypted connection to the Nintendo servrs before connecting to other people.

Now there has been projects to tunnel download play across te internet on the Nintendo DS itself (Though it would require third party hardware and modifying the NDS), but they all failed due to what I stated above. For download play to work you need 0 latency which no ISP is capable of maintaining.
rofl2.gif

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
agentgamma said:
No, you cant.

rofl2.gif

Oh, come on, don't be so hard with Narin. He gave an excellent explanation in his post, but he didn't write "emulator". Oh, a typo on the Internet! Isn't that unseen? And yet you added NOTHING to the topic saying "No, you cant" [sic]. It's obvious you posted just to make fun of him...

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you can connect 2 emulators in one computer, but you can only connect GBA games, not NDS ones. And you cant use WIFI in an emulator.
wink2.gif
To clear things up, here's a pic.
1038t36.png

Damphil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tips, but I do not really need WiFi.
I wish that would emulyator could playeach otherover a network (LAN and Internet).
Such a development is?
Emulator a PS 1 - can play online with another emulator,and can not be real PS 1.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nerco bumping a topic is really bad but i think it is possbile now... (i saw youtube videos of wi-fi) but that's all i'm saying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol