• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Can We Stop With The Name Calling Already ...

• Thread starter cots
  • Start date
  • Views 34,345
  • Replies 431
  • Likes 35
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, considering I don't hate trans people I don't think your observation is valid. I'm not bullying anyone - I'm the one being bullied, although I'm not going to act like a victim. I will continue to expose the misuse of the term transphobic by the trans community as a way to silence, shame, manipulate, bully or otherwise try to control the other people who do not simply agree with them when there is no actual phobic behavior taking place. I suggest if you think you're being pushed around by conversing with me to simply walk away and avoid doing so. I'm not forcing you to do so and I can't help it if you're taking it personally. However, you won't silence me. I didn't start the name calling and abuse from the trans community, but I'm sure as hell not going to back down now that I am a target of it.

you're not being bullied, the term clearly does apply to you. and you do act like a victim. just like all the nazis are when you call them out for their backwards way of thinking.

and here's another thing, even if the term was being misused every once in a while, like many terms are, that 100% doesn't mean it can't ever be used and does never apply.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,
Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, considering I don't hate trans people I don't think your observation is valid. I'm not bullying anyone - I'm the one being bullied, although I'm not going to act like a victim. I will continue to expose the misuse of the term transphobic by the trans community as a way to silence, shame, manipulate, bully or otherwise try to control the other people who do not simply agree with them when there is no actual phobic behavior taking place. I suggest if you think you're being pushed around by conversing with me to simply walk away and avoid doing so. I'm not forcing you to do so and I can't help it if you're taking it personally. However, you won't silence me. I didn't start the name calling and abuse, but I'm sure as hell not going to back down now that I am a target of it.
Again you totally refuse to acknowledge the fact that you are focusing in on one issue and ignoring everything else. Why are you not talking about people falsely claiming racism? why are you not talking about people falsely claiming homophobia? or sexual abuse? ect ect why are you not condemning actual transpobic/homophobic people?

Attacking one group of people but not the others for actions that other groups also do is a form of bullying plain and simple even if it's not your intentions.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Explain to me, how I'm being a bully. I'd like to know.
First of all, you're being a dumbass again, setting up the dumbest strawman you could think off.
I didn't say the term bully applies to you, though it absolutely wouldn't surprise me if did, I said the term we've been talking about for the last 5 pages, transphobe, does.

and people calling you that isn't people bullying you.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do you even feel the need to pretend like there's a distinction between these two things?
It definitely and objectively does make you a dick, yeah...

I dislike the pure concept of drinking, I don't hate people who drink.
These two notions are certainly not the same. The Church is against homosexuality, but welcomes homosexuals (well officially)

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again you totally refuse to acknowledge the fact that you are focusing in on one issue and ignoring everything else. Why are you not talking about people falsely claiming racism? why are you not talking about people falsely claiming homophobia? or sexual abuse? ect ect why are you not condemning actual transpobic/homophobic people?

Attacking one group of people but not the others for actions that other groups also do is a form of bullying plain and simple even if it's not your intentions.

Because, as of right now, I'm not being accused of those things and I'm addressing the subject matter in this topic. You can't fight for every cause or every person. I wonder why activists chose a certain cause and stick with it? Are they wrong for ignoring the other 1,000+ notable causes they could have partaken in? That's unrealistic. I already stated that real transphobic behavior is not acceptable. The aversion defintion you linked to, which is a common variable with justifying the behavior coming from the misuse of the word transphobia, clearly doesn't include the act of generally disliking something. It's an extreme dislike bundled in with other behaviors and beliefs. The reaching being done doesn't fool me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

First of all, you're being a dumbass again, setting up the dumbest strawman you could think off.
I didn't say the term bully applies to you, though it absolutely wouldn't surprise me if did, I said the term we've been talking about for the last 5 pages, transphobe, does.

and people calling you that isn't people bullying you.

So threating me, trying to force me into doing something or thinking something that I don't want to do, using a the term transphobic improperly as a control measure aggressively with the intent to dominate and intimidate me isn't bullying, but me simply disagreeing with someone and refusing to change is? Weird world we live in.

Last edited by cots,
Reactions: SolidMario7

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Always amusing to see Trump supporters preach about name calling, bigotry, and the likes. The far right are THE single largest group of extreme hypocrites on the planet.

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Always amusing to see Trump supporters preach about name calling, bigotry, and the likes. The far right are THE single largest group of extreme hypocrites on the planet.

Who exactly are these far right people you're talking about? This thread is addressing the issue of transphobia, not the idiotic actions coming from the far right or the far left.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to fall into any political trap. I'm not far (insert anything here). I'm an independent and part of the LGBTQ community. Nice fishing attempt, wrong type of bait.

Says the person continually making these exact same types of threads & lib bashing. But whatever you'd like to believe to make you feel better about yourself. If there are any baiting posts around here, plenty of yours would have to be at the top of the list. You're in the minority here with your opinions and right wing agenda. Spin it how ever you'd like. The majority see right through you & will call your bluff in a heartbeat. Maybe you should sign up for the Fox News forums or something similar - where like minded people will actually care about the trash you spread around.

Good day. I've nothing left to post here.

Edit: If you'd like. Feel free to direct myself and others to all of your pro Democrat/Liberal topics.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Always amusing to see the left making outrageous assumptions about a person's political stance and who their favorite president is based on an observation. Go troll elsewhere, thanks.

Politics don't belong on the temp and this is why. So much baiting, trolling, bashing, and borderline hatred. 2009 was such a simpler time.

Last edited by Kioku,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So threating me, trying to force me into doing something or thinking something that I don't want to do, using a the term transphobic improperly as a control measure aggressively with the intent to dominate and intimidate me isn't bullying, but me simply disagreeing with someone and refusing to change is? Weird world we live in.

Losing ones patience with a dumbass isn't exactly the same thing as bullying, but I didn't say that I wasn't bullying you either. I said that people calling you transphobe aren't.
and I'm threating you like a dumbass because you clearly are one. you ignore everything told to you, your arguments keep going back to your random experience and a random online article supporting you.
you believe that you decide what words mean, which you don't and you pretend, dumbassly, that acting like 'you're just bringing attention to an important issue, namely that trans people are mean bullies using a word against you that absolutely applies to you' somehow veils that you're clearly just here to talk about how you don't like trans people and how they need to be put in check, with their mean word usage. just like any other oppressor of minorities would. just like all those dumbass straight pride month guys do.

YOU are using the term improperly.
you don't like transpeople, because you don't like 'the trans movement' and you don't like 'the typical trans lifestyle'.
simply believing that either of these are a homogeneous mass or that judgement over any single trans person could be cast based on your idea of such a movement or lifestyle, shows that you're a transphobe.
that's just how it is. you don't want to change how you view transpeople, that's fine. but stop whining about being called a transphobe then.

I'm not going to fall into any political trap. I'm not far (insert anything here). I'm an independent and part of the LGBTQ community. Nice fishing attempt, wrong type of bait.

lol, you ideas clearly are on the right side of modern day politics and being part of the lgbtq community (which I also want to doubt, simply because you couldn't be this dense if you were) doesn't make it impossible to be politically right minded.

Who exactly are these far right people you're talking about? This thread is addressing the issue of transphobia, not the idiotic actions coming from the far right or the far left.
this threat isn't adressing the issue of transphobia. it's addressing the fragile ego of a person that rather wants to change everyones definition of words so that they wouldn't 'technically' apply to him, than changing their stupid irrational view. because you're dumb enough to think that a transphobe, by any other name, would be something other than a transphobe.

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Always amusing to see the left making outrageous assumptions about a person's political stance and who their favorite president is based on an observation. Go troll elsewhere, thanks.

Politics don't belong on the temp and this is why. So much baiting, trolling, bashing, and borderline hatred. 2009 was such a simpler time.

This thread isn't about politics. Even though the left and the right are using the LGBTQ community as a tool, the thread is about the misuse of the transphobic term.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This thread isn't about politics. Even though the left and the right are using the LGBTQ community as a tool, the thread is about the misuse of the transphobic term.
I know what the thread is about. A sad truth. However, to no surprise, people are turning it political for no reason other than to be heard. It's pathetic. We're all entitled to our views, but the hypocrisy is astounding. The sympathy shown for the LGBT community when someone wrongfully (and sometimes unintentionally) labels them as something they're not is great... But when the shoe is on the other foot there's nothing wrong? Are people really so dense? We're screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)