Hacking Can we replace NAND with Incognito on Ipatched units

Mister_LAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
incognito
Wipes personal information from your Nintendo Switch by removing it from prodinfo.

If it wipes fully prodinfo personal data, when why can't we duplicate or fusee-geele NAND data and replace EMMC on Ipatched unit? Could it work correctly?
I can't physically do this, but if modifyed NAND backup with Incognito could launch in any patched/non-patched unit, then we could create more cool homebrew-things.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
No.
NAND backups don't work that way. (At least for now) you can't use a NAND backup on another console as they're tied to that console's unique keys etc etc.
Besides, why would you want to restore an unpatched console's nand to a patched one?
Nothing is to gain from that.
Homebrew-wise, be it ipatched or not all consoles should run homebrew flawlessly, assuming they have got a proper full blown CFW running by various means and entry points.

(@x65943 could you move this to it's proper section.)

Last edited by NoNAND,
D

Deleted User

well you could do it but first we need to wipe out the unique console infos then we can try to install something that writes a new Serial to it...
but guess thats possible but its currently not possible is getting these infos from your patched switch since you dont have Fusee Gelee and idk if the "Hypervisor" would not allow the Horizon OS to get these infos.... so we need something to complete rewrite personal Infos... and btw when you doing this you can direct edit your patched EMMC so you just need to wipe it out manually...
oof so technical.... and im not even sure if that would work
but now no its impossible and why do you want? you can install 90DNS too... and installing Incognito will block the Eshop too (i GuEsS) so no real difference between these things...

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninty used an ipatched to patch FG on some systems. ipatches are permanently burned into fuses within the soc and cannot be written to or replaced

Tumoche

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The nand is encrypted. You can't decrypt the data unless you have a console specific key. You got the key=you can edit it. Currently there's no way to get the key in ipatched units, so no way of doing it. Also, the data you are refeering to as wiping it is on the SoC, and it is read only.

Last edited by Tumoche,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-