Homebrew Discussion Can we please relax with the Boot logos?

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
5c5Z2g7.gif

If the above isn't showing for some reason:
https://i.imgur.com/5c5Z2g7.gif

The above shows about 20 seconds of waiting from pressing the power button to getting the Horizon boot logo.
I believe one of these is a hekate custom bootlogo (from my configuration), but that's the only boot logo I want and need, why does every single step of the way believe to want a bootlogo.
Hekate: bootlogo
Fuse-primary: debug text (basically bootlogo)
Sept: bootlogo
atmosphere (custom?): bootlogo
atmosphere (built in): bootlogo
then finally, horizon's bootlogo
then finally at the switch setup intro movie.

The custom atmosphere one I can get rid of, but the rest i'm unaware.

Edit a long time later:
ANygdvk.png

At least something is being done :D

Last edited by PRAGMA,

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5c5Z2g7.gif

If the above isn't showing for some reason:
https://i.imgur.com/5c5Z2g7.gif

The above shows about 20 seconds of waiting from pressing the power button to getting the Horizon boot logo.
I believe one of these is a hekate custom bootlogo (from my configuration), but that's the only boot logo I want and need, why does every single step of the way believe to want a bootlogo.
Hekate: bootlogo
Fuse-primary: debug text (basically bootlogo)
Sept: bootlogo
atmosphere (custom?): bootlogo
atmosphere (built in): bootlogo
then finally, horizon's bootlogo
then finally at the switch setup intro movie.

The custom atmosphere one I can get rid of, but the rest i'm unaware.

It's a string of separate programs, each with their own logos. There could be multiple reasons for logos when each loads, such as troubleshooting, making a nice-looking product, making sure their product isn't (easily) taken and rebranded as someone else's work, etc...

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
It's a string of separate programs, each with their own logos. There could be multiple reasons for logos when each loads, such as troubleshooting, making a nice-looking product, making sure their product isn't (easily) taken and rebranded as someone else's work, etc...
Right cause its hard for people to replace boot logo's if they plan to steal the work...

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Hekate bootlogo can be turned off.
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate#global-configuration-keysvalues-when-boot-entry-is-config
Code:
bootwait=3
0: Disable (It also disables bootlogo. Having VOL- pressed since injection goes to menu.), #: Time to wait for VOL- to enter menu.
In sept and fusee-secondary just compile by yourself with black images instead of logos... if you know where they are.
It isnt necessarily the images annoying me, its the total time taken for it to end up booting.
Setting hekate boot time to 0 worked for the hekate ipl bootlogo though, thanks.

Qubarf

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Ditto on this, I hate how the free-CFW scene is so fragmented. If everyone worked together I am sure it would go faster than it already it.
Wait, you have nintendo icon. I don't get that???

Last edited by Qubarf,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ditto on this, I hate how the free-CFW scene is so fragmented. If everyone worked together I am sure it would go faster than it already it.
Wait, you have nintendo icon. I don't get that???
It's about logo before Nintendo Switch. Originally there is a Nintendo logo. But boot sysmodule replaces it with Atmosphere logo.
It's not so fragmented. They are working on many things together. But some people prefere to work independent on some projects. And why they should force themselfes to search for other people?

And Atmosphere logos are not delaying booting.
First it loads fusee-primary - plaintext.
Next it's rebooting to sept payload - it shows sept logo in the meantime of deriving keys.
Next it's rebooting to fusee-secondary - next logo. Before there was a log and it was not so fast as you think.
Next it boots to Horizon OS.

And what you can get instead is 10 seconds of black screen or 10 seconds of logs.

Last edited by masagrator,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bootlogos are generally meant to hide the plaintext operations happening behind the scene. Think of it as a loading screen.

Since there are multiple steps to get from point A to point B, expect there to many different bootloaders. When it's just one step from point A to point B, you can expect just the one bootloader you're wanting.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While I do agree that 5 bootlogos (not sure what your red 6th logo is or where it comes from) is a lot, how often do you reboot/boot your switch?

Plus, it's not adding boot time, except for the first hekate logo that intentionally introduces a boot delay to show the logo if you enabled it.

Reactions: Mythical

Qubarf

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
For me using the latest EmuMMC restarting to hekate increases the reboot time by atleast 75%.
I just replace Reboot_Payload.bin with hekate_5.00 (Renamed to that ofcourse)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM