Suggestion Can we please have a 3DS homebrew release / documentation related sub-forum ?

tortoise

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The sad truth is that the vast majority of those who follow this section of the forum have little to no intereset about hacking and developing homebrew on the 3ds.

All they care is acquiring a device (or whatever else is needed) to load commercial games downloaded from the net.

When I come here, I find it almost impossible to sort through countless threads about pirating devices and whatnot, that get endlessly bumped.

The topics relevant to this section (hacking and homebrew, remember ?) are scattered and hard to come by, since they get updated way less often, as is normal with development related threads (a lot of time may pass between updates).

What's most insulting is the low respect shown for those who publish their homebrew efforts, derided by anyone with a keyboard because they do not unlock region control, or can't compare with triple a games developed by tens of people with official sdks.

I understand that this is mostly a kindergarten forum... but I felt the need to speak my mind anyway.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I swept through the 284 pages of the 3DS Hacking & Homebrew sub-forum, and here's a list of threads that could be moved into a more homebrew/hacking oriented sub-forum, imvho.

Of course, before being moved, each and every single thread in the list should be triple-checked by a more knowledgeable person than me, but nonetheless I gave it a try.

The fact that I could find just 143 threads out of 7092 should be self explanatory enough.

xxNathanxx: sorry, I'm not that tortoise :)
Working on it - thanks a bunch for the list. You're a lifesaver!

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
releases could be done in the Homebrew news section, with front page news for 3DS related releases (Homebrew, tools, etc.)
But it would require more work, probably dedicated staff for that purpose. we had one, but he his not coming here anymore.

But if we (including developers and users too) could keep wiki page updated, it will be a good place to have all the releases in a single place not lost in forum's threads.

That wikipage should be sticked! I didnt even know about lynx emulation on the 3ds!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, the Git currently doesn't have any sources.
I added it anyway, just in case the author is really working on it and will add the sources later.
I tried to search and list all git and list them to have a place to see all current projects.

We will probably have to make a new stickied thread for homebrew information, and re-work the first post of the Homebrew development thread (its current info is for old ROP homebrew development)

Reactions: Margen67 and SLiV3R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr