Can we just make a game suggestion forum already?

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Despite my best, and most vulgar efforts, suggest a game for me threads still dominate this board.

Can we just make a game suggestion forum, that way people with legit questions, and topics can actually get their posts read here.

I apologize that this is in the wrong forum, I'm posting as I run out the door. Feel free to move this if need be.

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Really, is it that big of a deal? It's not like there's a ton of threads it's competing with. There's about 30 threads replied to or created each day, which is one page on my settings. So it takes me about 1 minute to read the titles at a leisurely pace and decide which threads I want to open if I check the board once a day. If this was a fast-moving board with loads of discussion, I'd understand where you're coming from.

That being said, the general attitude on this board regarding discussion is really strange for a message board, considering that's what message boards are made for. And I don't just mean the moderators (although yeah, it's mostly the moderators).

edit: I don't mean for this to sound apprehensive; I'm just discussing for the sake of discussion.

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This issue is that alot of people will just check the first few posts, and alot of topics are lost rather quickly.

If we give them a forum, they'll be able to just search through only suggestions, and hopefully thus unclutter this board.

Because the board is cluttered with suggestion topics which I have absolutely no interest in, I come to GBAtemp alot less frequently and spend mere minutes here. 2 minutes to check the release forum, and once in a blue moon check this board. This board has become a boring 1 trick pony, suggestions.

I have to chalk this up to , atleast partially that this board has essentially become a suggestions forum. How fun or interesting is it to suggest the same 10 games in 19 different posts? ure once in a while you'll get an interesting post but mostly its "Im too lazy to do the work, you do it for me"

a2h

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, we'll lose a whole bunch of flamers saying what game they believe is best to such a forum. That's always good!

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
luneth22 said:
There's always those people who'll keep making threads on these. Just ignore them.
I agree. There's already a sticky about this same subject... if they choose to ignore it and make their suggestion thread, just ignore it unless it's something legitimate... not just a "I've been gone since November, what should I get?" etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things