Can we just make a game suggestion forum already?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Moots, Apr 10, 2009.

Apr 10, 2009
  1. Moots
    OP

Member Moots The Incredible Sulk

Canada
    Despite my best, and most vulgar efforts, suggest a game for me threads still dominate this board.

Can we just make a game suggestion forum, that way people with legit questions, and topics can actually get their posts read here.

I apologize that this is in the wrong forum, I'm posting as I run out the door. Feel free to move this if need be.

2. concealed identi

Member concealed identi GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    Really, is it that big of a deal? It's not like there's a ton of threads it's competing with. There's about 30 threads replied to or created each day, which is one page on my settings. So it takes me about 1 minute to read the titles at a leisurely pace and decide which threads I want to open if I check the board once a day. If this was a fast-moving board with loads of discussion, I'd understand where you're coming from.

That being said, the general attitude on this board regarding discussion is really strange for a message board, considering that's what message boards are made for. And I don't just mean the moderators (although yeah, it's mostly the moderators).

edit: I don't mean for this to sound apprehensive; I'm just discussing for the sake of discussion.

3. Moots
    OP

Member Moots The Incredible Sulk

Canada
    This issue is that alot of people will just check the first few posts, and alot of topics are lost rather quickly.

If we give them a forum, they'll be able to just search through only suggestions, and hopefully thus unclutter this board.

Because the board is cluttered with suggestion topics which I have absolutely no interest in, I come to GBAtemp alot less frequently and spend mere minutes here. 2 minutes to check the release forum, and once in a blue moon check this board. This board has become a boring 1 trick pony, suggestions.

I have to chalk this up to , atleast partially that this board has essentially become a suggestions forum. How fun or interesting is it to suggest the same 10 games in 19 different posts? ure once in a while you'll get an interesting post but mostly its "Im too lazy to do the work, you do it for me"

4. a2h

Member a2h GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Hey, we'll lose a whole bunch of flamers saying what game they believe is best to such a forum. That's always good!

5. luneth22

Member luneth22 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    There's always those people who'll keep making threads on these. Just ignore them.

6. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Apprehensive doesn't mean that. For any value of "that" which can be plugged into that sentence.

7. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I agree. There's already a sticky about this same subject... if they choose to ignore it and make their suggestion thread, just ignore it unless it's something legitimate... not just a "I've been gone since November, what should I get?" etc.

8. concealed identi

Member concealed identi GBAtemp Fan

Japan

I really, really, really don't care.