Hacking Question Can We Install Nintendo Switch on Other Tegra Device Like Shield & Ouya?

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I think any android device tegra X1 based is more common hardware, Nintendo Switch is a lot more customized than any of them so I think would make more point having tegra Android ROM on switch with the added custom drivers than having the Switch OS on Nvidia Shield TV which probably will be expecting some missing hardware like the 1GB of ram and other custom hardware...
I'm completely agree with you.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The original X1 OS was based on 8.1. Since the release of win10, they've updated the X1 OS to be based off of win10 for better integration (UWP, dx12 compatibility on x1, and a few other things if i'm not mistaken). Let alone the fact Microsoft isn't as restrictive as Sony or Nintendo when it comes to homebrew, so there isn't a need to really hack Xbox. Whether or not someone has attempted to run a win10 environment on x1, I don't know but I don't think there would be much sense to.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see much point in getting another OS running on the switch. I get that there is already developed Linux emulators and whatnot, but in time all that will come to the switch natively.
Yea, I feel the same about X1. The developer mode enables almost everything you need for a Homebrew application since it allows you to sideload apps. It would not be very beneficial to run a Desktop on it for essentially the same feature set, except maybe piracy of PC games which may be unlikely anyway.

Running Linux or even Android as an alternative OS on the Switch though provides apps that people are NOT going to make or cannot though. I don't have an Android device, so that's what I'm personally working on - fruitless or not. They both have applications I want mobile I don't see anyone porting. I could use NOX or the likes on my PC for Android, but it really just isn't the same or handheld.

Mistwalker77

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i imagine even if it was possible which it probably isn't just cause the amount of work involved nobody would want to do it'd only be possible on the nvidia shield tv, or the pixel c tablet since those are the only ones with the same chips they both only have 3GB of ram vs the switches 4GB, the tablet is both more expensive than the switch and discontinued which would make that venture pointless. which leaves only one device the nvidia shield tv which doesn't have a screen or joycons and still has 1gb less ram and only cost $100 less yeah nobody is going to do all that so you can save $100 for an inferior device.

Im sorry but you are wrong. Shield TV, Pixel C and Switch comes with the exact same SoC. Differences are in the OS. T-210 is the code if i recall it correctly. Pixel C and Shield TV just shows 3GB RAM for the system and leaves 1GB for VRAM. If you want i can show a screenshot.(screenshot added) If someone that have enough habilities install that new CFW on the Pixel C or the shield they will confirm.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180629-150222.png
    Screenshot_20180629-150222.png
    448.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited by Mistwalker77,
Reactions: adrifcastr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.