Hacking can we install 9.6.0-24 emunand yet?

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as i understand 9.6.0-24 is still a no go for gateway cards. i just got a N3ds but i cant download updates and rebuild my ext data without going to the store. any status on getting that working on our gateway?
all it does id stick on a black screen

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Can't be done yet, new encryption keys means Gateway will have to crack the new encryption, and they patched the hole that was used in 7.x to get the keys, so it might take a very long time, but if anyone has the resources to do it, it's them.

Reactions: Margen67

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You know what I meant; I assumed since the last key was 7.x and the one before that was 6.x logically it made sense.

Regardless this news sucks
Ah, but your logic was flawed to begin with.

The 7.x keys were introduced with firmware version 7.x, the 9.6 keys were introduced in (obviously) 9.6.

Reactions: Xenophy and 2Hack

mijuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone point me in the direction of getting 3ds xl working with 9.6 emunand? Didnt realise there was an option for us.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone point me in the direction of getting 3ds xl working with 9.6 emunand? Didnt realise there was an option for us.

Assuming you're using an old XL and not an n3DS, and you're on or below 9.2 sysNAND, look up rxTools. Supports Gateway emuNAND in what's basically Classic mode, at firmwares up to and including 9.6, although it doesn't do any sort of region-free loading. If you don't already have an emuNAND set up, you can use the Gateway launcher to create one, as long as you remember to back up your SD card first; I could be wrong, but I don't believe rxTools supports creating emuNANDs, just reading/launching them.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did put N3ds in my OP but i but i probably should have also put it in the title. but as far as i understand its a global issue in both 3ds and N3ds. my old XL also couldn't go to 9.6

but more importantly how am i going to get my content back (updates, digital purchased content, etc)

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i did put N3ds in my OP but i but i probably should have also put it in the title. but as far as i understand its a global issue in both 3ds and N3ds. my old XL also couldn't go to 9.6

but more importantly how am i going to get my content back (updates, digital purchased content, etc)
O3DS can get 9.6 emuNAND via rxTools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: