Hacking Can we finally boot GW with A9LH?

Ramzh

I am a living meme
Trophies
XP
Country
Well , tbh it's to be expected, as their intention is to not lose revenue and the cart has always had DRM lock down from the beginning, so the user is forced to use the red card for full functionality.

I'm ditching the cart at the weekend and going the a9lh cfw solution. Only thing keeping me back was .3ds drag n drop and cheats, yet from the looks of things, stuff is gonna get messy.
while you wait convert your .3ds saves to .cia saves otherwise it will be a long process otherwise. Can someone explain to me this key thing about Gateway?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
forgetting to cryptoswitch CTRNAND is absolutely amazing and I'm surprised they didn't manage to do that even though it's extremely important.
I already went like 3 pages in the old thread complaining about the amazing number of basic shit they forgot to do.
It's just safer to say, buy a bigger SD card and use Free CFW for the moment being.

Reactions: ihaveahax

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah! This is the worst part!
Even if you're an ardent Gateway user who only cares about Gateway, you're better installing regular A9LH with a CFW, then loading your GW through 9.2 EmuNAND. At least then your console is in a sensible state.

The only context I can think of where installing GW's A9LH might be a good idea is if you're stuck on a browserless 8.1J console.

Reactions: mvmiranda

AlucardjX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
right now i suggest to stay(for actual a9lh luma3ds users)with that solutions and don't mess around with GW solution's and i speak as a owner of a red dragon card....

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well , tbh it's to be expected, as their intention is to not lose revenue and the cart has always had DRM lock down from the beginning, so the user is forced to use the red card for full functionality..

Even with a chainloader (Luma3DS payload), you will still need your red card to use GW mode, that doesn't magically go away. And that doesn't matter as it's for GW owners anyway. So if somebody is able to convert whatever GW is releasing publicly to work with Luma, it's not going to hurt GW financially (au contraire, it might even benefit them as more people will keep using their GW cards).

Reactions: 20mark

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why is everyone jumping to conclusions when the final release isn't even out?
Besides, I can almost be sure that after GW's release, someone will try to crack their shit and then make it compatible with everything else.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Why is everyone jumping to conclusions when the final release isn't even out?
Besides, I can almost be sure that after GW's release, someone will try to crack their shit and then make it compatible with everything else.
Probably because the builds that are being tested are, by implication, representative of what they plan to release. Else there would be no point in sending them out to test.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Why is people even a slight bit surprised? It's a busniess. A shady as hell business that want to protect their product. Ofcourse they going to jail your 3DS so you can only use their stuff. Wouldn't surprise me if they added some kind of protection on the FIRM partitions as well so you can't reopen them.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There is precident for people to expect their tools to be more open. For example, their existing GW Launcher, EmuNAND creator, downgrader etc. are not locked.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Even if you're an ardent Gateway user who only cares about Gateway, you're better installing regular A9LH with a CFW, then loading your GW through 9.2 EmuNAND. At least then your console is in a sensible state.

The only context I can think of where installing GW's A9LH might be a good idea is if you're stuck on a browserless 8.1J console.
Right!
In fact, this is my current setup...
A9LH with Luma3DS in emuNAND + 9.2 in sysNAND for *hax and GW

PS: oddly enough, I could not make GW to work if I had NANDs the way around

ohsoroso

Turtle Neck Sweater.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only realistic option is to have an EmuNAND with 9.2 installed and boot GW from that. You can even use Menuhax if you want to speed up the process.
Wow this 4.0 seems like a train wreck of a beta test, is there any way to get gateway 3.7 running on an 11.0 sysnand (A9LH + Luma) if i dont even even have an emunand or rednand setup??

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this 4.0 seems like a train wreck of a beta test, is there any way to get gateway 3.7 running on an 11.0 sysnand (A9LH + Luma) if i dont even even have an emunand or rednand setup??
Not at the current moment, you'll need a 9.2 rednand//emunand, if you want an updated sysnand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans