Hacking Can we do anything new, Homebrew-wise with Game Dumps being a reality?

demoncatursday

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like for example, could someone maybe RE Killzone for the modified KZ3 engine they used for Mercenaries?

also is modding games any easier now? Discounting that modded VPKs can be shared (taking out the manual bits in undubbing certain games) is the actual modding itself any easier?

TL;DR I guess my only real question, is if Vitamin leaves the games unencrypted (but still playable) or if it only leaves us with a VPK that's had it's DRM ripped. Making modding easier to do if the former, or only enabling Piracy if the latter

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My question is where will be created a game launcher gui. Is getting me nervous see so many bubbles. I prefer a clean banner selection like ppssppppxyz for android. Or a wiflow style with 3d box covers could be nice too.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
My question is where will be created a game launcher gui. Is getting me nervous see so many bubbles. I prefer a clean banner selection like ppssppppxyz for android. Or a wiflow style with 3d box covers could be nice too.
Why not just put the bubbles into a "Vita Games" folder?

Mattzocrazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just Curious, if we can rip data, can we write it? because holy shit the possibilities, u could buy a shitload of cheap games and write much larger better games to the carts, u wouldnt need a giant ass mem card! however this is more of a question do u guys think this might be possible?

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think carts are read-only. You need a memory card if you want to save your game, I think.
This is not an issue with Vita2000 - it has built-in 1GB memory card.

Mattzocrazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think carts are read-only. You need a memory card if you want to save your game, I think.
This is not an issue with Vita2000 - it has built-in 1GB memory card.
no no i mean overwrite the game on the card and store applications or other game backups in it, so use it to store games/apps/homebrew and still have the mem card in there to store important stuff like henkaku and what not

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Improved framerate due to Vitamin dumps getting to work with amphetamine plugin which changes CPU and GPU clock rate (via holding for a while select).

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I will try it. Thanks.
But i dont like the bubbles at all. I keep my hopes high. Someday a mod like cyanogen will wipe this system apart and bring a nice and beautifull new style.

Reactions: mindglitch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol