Hacking Can we add extra channel pages ...

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to add extra channel pages to the wii system menu ?? I guess not since all my searches' result are negative. I still took a shot at opening a new thread for my interrogation. Sorry if it's been annoying (same goes for my english).

Pip'

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pippin666 said:
Mod, that was stupid.

Pip'
Someone removed the off topic posts and now you're calling him stupid?
huh.gif

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This has been asked on here several times before. It's extremely difficult to do (if not impossible). It'd mean reverse engineering a significant portion of the menu from what I understand. With alternatives available, no one wants to waste their time.

Nintendo hasn't bothered because a wii with only official software cannot fill all those slots easily (you'll run out of blocks before you could install enough wiiware...). The SD Menu has 20+ pages because an SD could hold enough games to do it...

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be better to have one page, and a categories style "folders" thing going on like on iphone to group together similar apps, but I seriously dont see anything like that in the system menu happening for a looooong time...

... maybe via experimenting with sneek? (spotted the XMB style game loader mod)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KiiWii said:
It would be better to have one page, and a categories style "folders" thing going on like on iphone to group together similar apps, but I seriously dont see anything like that in the system menu happening for a looooong time...

Hmm, this could work...have channels which will load into a homebrew channel loader for a specific set of channels or something. e.g. you could have a NES VC channel, a N64 VC channel etc. Each channel loader would look in a specific location in NAND for thee channels, and display only those channels. It'd mean moving channels to specific locations, but that should be relatively easy with SNEEK...Dunno if anyone will ever bother to do something like this, but its an interesting idea.

chaseincats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:

xmb game style game loader mod??

googled this and couldnt find it, link?

i gotta check this out!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
DeadlyFoez said:
It most likely will never happen.

You're right, its probably impossible on a wii's real nand... but shouldn't this ONE DAY be possible if using SNEEK?

@OP, point is, it cant be done now, and I don't know if the people who can pull something like this off really care all that much about it... so just wait and see

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak has it about right.

it can be done. i could do it. it's more work that I need for what few games I own and not worth my time considering the alternatives and sd card loading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone