1. blueagent1999

OP blueagent1999 GBAtemp Regular

Hong Kong
    [​IMG]

does vitashell have the ability to erase everything on an official vita game cartridge?

i was drunk last night and had accidentally selected the gro0 partition for immediate deletion, however at the last minute i realize my mistake, and managed to stop myself in the nick of time.

but what would have happened if i had gone ahead and accidentally pressed the button and "delete" the entirety of the gro0 partition?

does that mean everything on the official vita game cartridge would be erased?

thus reverting the official vita game cartridge back to a blank state with nothing inside?

i'm really, really concerned and scared and worried about this, so please do let me know if its possible for Vitashell to erase everything on an official vita game cartridge.

thank you sooooo much for your help!

Last edited by blueagent1999, Aug 27, 2017
  2. DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE The GBATemp Hacker

United States
    Don't have a Vita but I hope its READ-ONLY like GBA or DS because I smell complaints in the future!

blueagent1999 likes this.
  3. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Korea, North
    No, it is not possible. Vita cartridges, as opposed to the Vita memory card for example, are read only (except for the grw0 partition some carts have). Even if you pressed delete, nothing would have happened.

4. blueagent1999

OP blueagent1999 GBAtemp Regular

Hong Kong

thank you thank you thank you thank you! this is the exact information i need! thank you thank you thank you thank you!

last night i was really drunk while i was using vitashell to look for my save file in order to delete it. i don't know what i did, but the next thing i know, i was seconds away from pressing the button to delete the gro0 partition. i reckon that even if i had erased something from gro0 last night, i probably won't even know or remember by now because of how drunk i was.

but now i'm so relieved to hear that gro0 is actually read-only, the thought that i might have ruined my favorite game cartridge in some way terrifies me to no end, so thank you very much for letting me know TheKawaiiDesu!

Last edited by blueagent1999, Aug 27, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - VitaShell, cartridge, official