Can using HANS's firmware spoof feature on Eshop get you banned?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by joten, Apr 13, 2017.

1. joten
    OP

joten Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2017
    United States
    I REALLY want to play the new free-to-play Kirby game, buuuuuut I don't want to update (I'm still on 11.3.0.36) buuuuuut I don't wanna get banned and thusly screwed out of the Eshop games I've paid for.

So, my question is:
    Can using HANS's firmware spoof feature on Eshop get you banned?

2. Edmire2k

Edmire2k Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2016
    United States
    Do you have CFW? If you do then you could use the freeshop to download games you already own for free without worry of this. But if not then I don't think you'd get banned. It hasn't been reported and I haven't had any issues.

3. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Why not install A9LH and do the 11.4 update afterward?

Mikemk likes this.
  4. joten
    OP

joten Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2017
    United States
    I'm a little terrified of bricking my only New 3DS XL system.

5. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    The process involves taking a NAND backup before any system file modification is done.
    In the amazingly rare case something goes wrong despite you following all the directions correctly, you can just pay someone to install a NAND mod for quite cheap.

6. Edmire2k

Edmire2k Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2016
    United States
    Trust me. I was a
    I was afraid too. I just hacked my New 3ds XL and installed CFW the other night and was pretty scared. And the guide is kinda long to follow. But if you very carefully follow it step by step and keep everything it tells you to do, as organized as possible, then it's actually pretty easy and in that case your chances of bricking are slim. Just time consuming. And also, the first step to CFW is backing up your 3ds firmware in case you do brick you can restore it with the backup. If you don't wan't to do it now then you don't have to. But I would recommend staying on 11.3 and eventually installing cwf and follow the guide very carefully and it's a breeze.

7. joten
    OP

joten Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2017
    United States
    Alright. Juuuust link me to the guide you used and I think I'll go through with it tomorrow.

8. Edmire2k

Edmire2k Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2016
    United States
    The process pretty much requires you to do the following:

Backup your 3ds firmware
    Downgrade to firmware 2.1.0
    Trying not to close your new 3ds while on firmware 2.1.0 because it will brick (Not hard to resist shutting the lid)
    Use A9LH to crack into a vulnerability in 2.1.0 (Lots of files to download and move around and careful placement)
    Install Luma CFW
    Install Godmode9
    Use Godmode9 to restore the 11.3 firmware
    Use Godmode9 to install some important tools to your home menu
    Then it's done.

That was just a summary, not including all of the file movement and stuff needed in between.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

During this process I would recommend leaving your new 3ds open through the whole thing and have the back plate off the entire time as you will be removing the SD card a whole lot. (REMEMBER NOT TO CLOSE THE 3DS LOL)

There are about 3 pages with instructions and I would recommend having each open in a separate tab.
    read over each step a few times so that you know what you're doing and that you understand what it is telling you to do.
    And lot's of files to download and move onto the sd card.

In the end it's totally worth it
    You can do so much more with your 3DS and install the freeshop and pretty much install any 3ds game for free, and nintendo can't do a damn thing.

Here's the guide

3ds.guide

good luck

and remember. Patience and concentration is your biggest virtue in this.

Last edited by Edmire2k, Apr 13, 2017