Can USB disk drives be used with Atmosphere? If not, where I can help out with coding?

Worldblender Sep 11, 2019.

1. Engezerstorung

Engezerstorung GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2011
    France
    oh and sxos is not able to install nsp to usb (from usb yes, to usb no), it load xci from usb, and thats something else entierly....

so at this point there is no way to load installed game from usb

2. Worldblender
    OP

Worldblender Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2019
    United States
    Well, this makes me think that I misread about this feature, not paying attention to the part that this support is only for XCI files. Oh well, all that I can do now is wait for a similar feature to be officially implemented by Nintendo in a future update.

3. KnightRiderX420

KnightRiderX420 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    KnightRiderX420 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 24, 2018
    United States
  4. ghjfdtg

ghjfdtg GBAtemp Fan

Jul 13, 2014
    Bullshit. They don't support piracy but they are not not allowing USB drives. There are legitimate use cases hence why that pull request on the Atmosphere repo exists. The only reason it's not working is because there is no stable implementation yet.

Worldblender likes this.
  5. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 16, 2014
    United States
    Nope, which is why SX OS is still the king of cfw. There's nothing better than running xcis off of a 2tb hdd instead of clogging up my sd card.

6. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    @Draxzelex is just mad that I called him out because he tries to bully people into posting every Switch related thread in the thread for n00bs, so he tried to bully me here. That's all that was about him trying to bully people. While on one hand he may help some people with switch related problems that doesn't make him a good person.

Regardless I'm right that only SX OS can play games from usb hard drive, period.

Last edited by EmulateLife, Sep 12, 2019
  7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If pointing out blatant lies is bullying, then I guess that makes me the biggest bully. I don't get what your issue is but spreading misinformation helps no one. Multiple people outside of me have already pointed out what you said was incorrect and even OP agrees with me. Restoring to victim blaming isn't going to earn you any brownie points. There is nothing bad about admitting that you were wrong :)

8. ber71

ber71 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2019
    Spain
    Playing movies from external hdd should be perfectly fine, no piracy related.

Draxzelex likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted