Hacking Can USB disk drives be used with Atmosphere? If not, where I can help out with coding?

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Exactly install FROM hdd to sd card. So you'd still not be able to play games on the usb but just install them on there to the sd card. It's discussed in the thread. The OP in this thread again asked about playing tiles from hdd. Obviously that is a huge difference.

I'm surprised you're spending time trying to correct me on something you're wrong about and not telling the OP to post in the n00b thread like you usually do.

oh and sxos is not able to install nsp to usb (from usb yes, to usb no), it load xci from usb, and thats something else entierly....

so at this point there is no way to load installed game from usb

Worldblender

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh and sxos is not able to install nsp to usb (from usb yes, to usb no), it load xci from usb, and thats something else entierly....

so at this point there is no way to load installed game from usb
Well, this makes me think that I misread about this feature, not paying attention to the part that this support is only for XCI files. Oh well, all that I can do now is wait for a similar feature to be officially implemented by Nintendo in a future update.

KnightRiderX420

The Anigmatic Anomoly
Trophies
Website
www.beyondwindows10.com
XP
Country
United States

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Atmosphere creators choose not to allow usb drives because they don't support piracy. You can't help them with coding.

You want to use usb drives buy SX OS there is no other option and likely never will be.
Bullshit. They don't support piracy but they are not not allowing USB drives. There are legitimate use cases hence why that pull request on the Atmosphere repo exists. The only reason it's not working is because there is no stable implementation yet.

Reactions: Worldblender

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, which is why SX OS is still the king of cfw. There's nothing better than running xcis off of a 2tb hdd instead of clogging up my sd card.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex is just mad that I called him out because he tries to bully people into posting every Switch related thread in the thread for n00bs, so he tried to bully me here. That's all that was about him trying to bully people. While on one hand he may help some people with switch related problems that doesn't make him a good person.

Regardless I'm right that only SX OS can play games from usb hard drive, period.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex is just mad that I called him out because he tries to bully people into posting every Switch related thread in the thread for n00bs, so he tried to bully me here. That's all that was about him trying to bully people. While on one hand he may help some people with switch related problems that doesn't make him a good person.

Regardless I'm right that only SX OS can play games from usb hard drive, period.
If pointing out blatant lies is bullying, then I guess that makes me the biggest bully. I don't get what your issue is but spreading misinformation helps no one. Multiple people outside of me have already pointed out what you said was incorrect and even OP agrees with me. Restoring to victim blaming isn't going to earn you any brownie points. There is nothing bad about admitting that you were wrong :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.