Homebrew Can Uncart be used to dump NDS games?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,259
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
I thought I read somewhere there was unused code to dump NDS games.
Was this ever implemented? It gives a few errors and freezes at 0% when I try to dump one.

D

Deleted User

OP
Not now, but I do remember someone mentioning that their working on it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Wait couldn't you just skip the hassle of dumping the carts and just download them from a site? It should be fine if you legally own the games.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The best you can do in that regard is this:

WoodDumper_DSiWare.rar

Only problem is, you can't eject the cart. Due to that it only works on older flashcarts because they behave a bit odd compared to retail carts. (I'm not sure why they work with this. Perhaps they power cycle them selves if nothing has inited them)

You sit there and hit A repeatedly and it will eventually init the card. Be sure to check that the CRC is consistent otherwise you'll get a bad dump (use X button to do this once the card is inited and it's connected to wifi. Note only DS compatible Wifi accesspoints can be used so you can't use newer encryption standrds like WPA, etc. Only WEP is supported).

The cards I've confirmed this worked on is the DSTT and indirect confirmation from another user that their original R4 was able to init with this.

Note to use that CIA you need patched TWL_FIRM since it's a custom SRL.

You can also buy the 3 in one cart swapper from amazon (it's made by memorex fyi) for about 6 bucks. That can be used as a passme to "cart swap" without tripping the eject cart contact switch/pins on the main slot. (Just fiddle with the selector switch to make it re-init the cart)

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Must say that's quite a stiff competition.