Can uDraw and a hacked Wii live together in peace?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gene0915, Nov 27, 2010.

Nov 27, 2010
  1. gene0915
    OP

Newcomer gene0915 Advanced Member

United States
    I'm thinking about getting the uDraw for my daughter for Xmas. I see that the painting program can save images directly to the SD card. Will this cause problems with all my HBC, WADs, Virtual Console stuff already on their? Like will the uDraw program say, "Oh, your SD card needs to be specially formatted before you can save, let me erase everything for you first"....... or will it just create a seperate directory on my Wii and save stuff in there, not harming my current setup?

Has anyone tested the uDraw with a hacked Wii? Need any special cIOS installed?

2. Apk07

Newcomer Apk07 Advanced Member

United States
    I doubt it would ever ask to format your SD card. There are first party nintendo channels that download things to your SD card and don't require it to be formatted...

As per the peripheral working, that's another story. I've heard people have problems with the peripherals in EA Active 2

3. gene0915
    OP

Newcomer gene0915 Advanced Member

United States
    For the uDraw tablet, you just install your Wii'mote into it. It doesn't actually hook to your Wii via USB or anything.

4. OncleJulien

Member OncleJulien tool of peers

United States
    working perfectly fine here - everything living in perfect harmony.

5. oasisngn

Newcomer oasisngn Newbie

United Kingdom
    What about pal and ntsc... I am planning to buy udaw tablet from US and my wii is modded and pal, does anyone made this kind of setup?