can u get be banned after u use flashcard play retail game you own

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ssrpgvita, Oct 4, 2015.

1. ssrpgvita
    OP

ssrpgvita Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    Yulee, Florida
    can nintendo detect this if your machine has used flashcard on your system whatsoever without eva being online.
    i own mh4 now retail only want use sky3ds for roms offline mode.
    hence mh4 be only online title ill play which i own retail cartridge

2. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    I don't know, does Nintendo have magical wizard powers that see over your shoulder watching every move you make, when you make it, holding a ban hammer to glock you in the head with the moment you do something not "Family friendly" or something "Not in the best Interests of Nintendo"?

YourHero, Margen67 and Quantumcat like this.
  3. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    probably yes, they will ban us all!!!!! nintendo is op and the ban hammer is coming!, dude dont be paranoid most of the time nintendo bans ppl that tries to go online with public headers, but if you use them only for offline, we dont really know if you could get banned, probably not because nintendo isnt very good with their own security

Margen67 likes this.
  4. ssrpgvita
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    Yulee, Florida
    i dont think you understand me,most systems sony and msofts are more pricks bout things..
    The system will send log when u log in to servers,Even though your not running modulated fw or modulated peripheral system will cache history log

5. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    So far the temp bans have only been linked to playing online with a public header.

6. ssrpgvita
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    Yulee, Florida
    i own monster hunter 4 actual game so if i launch it without having sky3ds in system even though i used it play ex majoras mask no logs get sent when turning network back on launching retail gamecart?

7. usernametaken

May 13, 2015
    United States
    It's speculated that Nintendo scans online games & bans when it gets multiple hits for single header(s) (Public headers).

So no, you have nothing to worry about so long as you don't go online with a public header.

8. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Nintendo isn't smart enough to log everything people are doing, if the system menu itself could detect that the Sky3DS was being used, it simply would be blocked.
    The only way they can tell is with advanced heuristic sorts of AP techniques deploying only in the most popular 3DS games, usually ones published by Nintendo themselves. And no, they don't log that, basically the AP just crashes the game or stops it from even running.
    The only other way is when you connect online with a header for a game that is used commonly by Sky3DS users, and even then the workaround is essentially to get your own header from a retail cart you own, or share headers with a smaller group of people. (AKA Private headers)

Last edited by CheatFreak47, Oct 4, 2015
  9. ssrpgvita
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    Yulee, Florida
    thats what i thought it periphereal can be removed now if you use permanent cfw on boot thats nother story and is detectable hence why ill stick with flashcard.
    i owned sky3ds less then 48 hours now

10. usernametaken

May 13, 2015
    United States
    There's no permanent cfw for the 3DS.
    No one has been banned for using cfw either.

11. ssrpgvita
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    Yulee, Florida
    thanx I thinking nintendo functions same way sony and msoft does,owning xbox 360 and ps3 where everything is logged when runing cfw.
    Even if u were offline,Then launch retail game you own on cfw ban hammer was coming.

12. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007

13. Tjessx

Tjessx GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 3, 2014
    Belgium
    Eventually nintendo will ban us all.

The_Meistro likes this.
  14. RaMon90

RaMon90 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    I can understand you, well nintendo indeed bans people having multiple headers but strangely using a cfw till now there isnt a single ban complain.
    Other 2 companies you said afaik are very serious or have a easy system to detect cfws.

15. doctorgoat

doctorgoat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    They don't care as long as you're not actively trying to play online with the Sky3DS, and you're also not going to have a Sky3DS in your recently played carts even if you're using one.

16. Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 25, 2015
    DalvĂ­k, Iceland
    Highly doubt it. As long as you follower what the devs update us with, you should be ok. As for now with avoiding bans: No public headers, No hacking/cheating. Other things you do should be okay.