can u even trade deoxys from ruby to any other game?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by awsome8, Jul 22, 2009.

1. awsome8
    OP

Member awsome8 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    i got a deoxys on ruby but when i go to trade it to fire red or emerald, it says "Pokemon Can't be traded now" does any one know if it is possible to trade it?

2. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    Does it have any HM's on it? There shouldn't be a problem, as FR/LG have data for Deoxys in the games already. Maybe it has a move FR/LG doesn't?

3. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Uh... Don't you need some sort of National Dex to obtain certain Pokemon, by any means, on FR/LG?

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage....;topic=38952305

5. awsome8
    OP

Australia
    it's level 32 now and i entered it into the hall of fame. hope that fixes it.

And also, my friend had a pokemon perla game (gba rom hack) and i traded it from that and it was in the wild. but for some reason it trades fine to other ruby and sapphire games.

EDIT: still didn't work....

6. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Read DeMoN's post again. In order to trade from R/S/E to FR/LG (or vice versa) you need to have go do a little quest and get two items called the Ruby and the Sapphire and give them to some guy.

7. awsome8
    OP

Australia
    i did do that. i think it won't work coz i didn't catch it on the island and emerald and fire red have some sort of hack detector

8. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Notice the "now" part of the message. There is no hack detector in the GBA or DS games, only for the Wii and Gamecube games.

If you're using Emerald, then you also need to have beaten the Elite four at least once in Emerald.

9. awsome8
    OP

Australia
    i have beaten the elite 4 in all of my games and gotten the ruby and sapphire plate. i caught deoxys at lv. 4 in oldale town (pokemon perla hack)

could i maybe try trading it to pokemon xd or colosseum and THEN to emerald or fire red?

10. baffle-boy

Member baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    if your pokemon was hacked that could be the reason... im not so sure about emrald/ruby/sapphire but in diamond if i cheat to get certain pokemon (especially a bad pokesav) then it tell you "this pokemon cannot be traded"

11. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Weird.. But yeah it's probably cause it's hacked or something.

12. awsome8
    OP

Australia
    meh, i'll see if colosseum works. i can almost trade on colosseum

EDIT: I can trade now but i'll see if it works tomorrow.

13. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    Emerald and FireRed may not have any hack detecting, however I am pretty sure they have a feature where Deoxys won't obey you in battles (no matter what gym badges you have) unless he was caught legitimately on Birth Island.

The best way to capture him without having actually gone to the events and getting the tickets is with the Action Replay codes that simulate that experience as closely as possible. That's the only time I ever used a cheating device on my GBA Pokemon Games (Emerald and FireRed only, as Ruby as no events), and only because I'm in Canada and this is the event ghetto of the Pokeworld, lol. I used the codes to buy each ticket first (except the Eon ticket, as I bought the original e-reader card for it off eBay), and then the codes to trigger the event activation at the boat.