Can the Wii U Console Have Homebrew Installed for both Wii U and vWii?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by HomebrewJay, Mar 19, 2017.

1. HomebrewJay
    OP

HomebrewJay Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2016
    United States
    I have homebrew installed for the Wii U; but I'm not sure if I can have the vWii homebrew installed as well. Can someone confirm?

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well there is a homebrew app that can load homebrew from vwii from wii u. If you install them as channel forwarders on your vwii for example SNES9XGX channel forwarder or Wiiflow You can use the homebrew app to load the homebrew from wii u mode to vwii mode.

From what i know, you can't install vwii homebrew on wii u menu, but that hbl2hbc is what is called will probably be close enough. (Only limitation is that it only works with channels on the vwii home menu, Don't forget to have a SD card or usb with the homebrew setup for vwii on it.)

3. thomasnet

thomasnet Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2016
    France
    I think he means he don't know if he can have HBL and HBC installed at the same time (the answer is yes)...

4. VictorMoreno015

VictorMoreno015 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Las Vegas
    I was playing Kirby: Airride a day before I bought Breath of the Wild on my Haxchi installed Wii U.
    So basically, yeah. All you basically need is a SD Card, a Wii exploitable game, and a DS Virtual Console exploitable game.

5. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    wuphax = No exploitable Wii game needed.

Jakic007 likes this.
  6. VictorMoreno015

VictorMoreno015 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Ohh I hacked my vWii before that got released so I never really looked into it again. Interesting