1. joejoemojo

OP joejoemojo Member
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    I have a 7 inch 1200x1920 LCD display (with a MIPI HDMI board) that I purchased for Pi. It works well with Windows (and I assume other OS) on PC aswell.

I was thinking of doing a Switch ‘Pro’ build using the LCD, HDMI board, USB C dock and a power bank.

I don’t currently have a a dock for my Switch to try it out, will the Switch output at that resolution or even work? If not are there any software mods that allow custom resolutions?

Last edited by joejoemojo, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I don't know of any resolution hacks and even then its not clear how you would apply resolution change to commercial games. However my old seiki u-vision cable automatically upscales 1080p output to 1200p when connected via DVI adapter to such a monitor, and certainly does a better job of it than the monitor itself could. I heard the electronics in this were the forerunner to what is in the m-cables so maybe the internals from that could do the trick. Of course good luck if you need to rotate the video output too...

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Malwarebytes Bootable Developer
    Developer

United States
    I'm kind of shocked that resolution hacks haven't been made yet, since they're set in-game by developers... Seems like something a simple patch could do, same goes for CFW.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - adapters), 1200x1920, display