Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll break it to everyone. There is no flash cart, emulator, or any other unofficial method in existance, that has "great" support for GBA. None.

Save type issues, the slim few games over 32MB being as of yet undumpable, linking with Pokemon Colosseum/Box/etc... Not to mention the obvious like special hardware. Tilt, rumble, eReader, and more.

Every non-legit hardware or software solution has problems with at least one of the above.

I hate love to break it to you, but I can tell you from personal experience that the X-ROM 512 has perfect compatibility with everything that doesn't use a tilt sensor. True, ruble doesn't work, but the games (drill dozer, pokemon pinball) still work fine. Linkage with DS and gamecube games (pokemons included) works fine. I assume by the over 32MB games you mean the big ones like Kingdom Hearts, but that works just fine.

If you don't want to believe me, fine, go read other reports or reviews around the net.

If you're going to make wild accusations like no emulator or flash cart has great support, you're going to have to back it up with some EVIDENCE.
lecture.gif
OBJECTION! GBA games over 32 MB (for example some of the official GBA Videos) can't be dumped. If they will be dumped, almost every flashcart will have problems with it.

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why do people want to emulate gba games so damn bad?! there aren't many gba games I can think of that I can't find a better version of on ds and that I would want to play! the only ones that come to mind are:

mother 3

kingdom hearts

pokemon pinball rs (what? it's actually fun!)

and I can live without 3 gba games on my ds. (especially when visualboy advance emulates them wonderfully)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do people want to emulate gba games so damn bad?! there aren't many gba games I can think of that I can't find a better version of on ds and that I would want to play! the only ones that come to mind are:

mother 3

kingdom hearts

and I can live without 3 gba games on my ds. (especially when visualboy advance emulates them wonderfully)
You know what I'm thinking right now? Seeing some of your recent posts? You seriously need to shut up and don't say anything not contributing to the subjects. There's tons of people who would kill you if they can play GBA roms on their R4 after they do so.

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

mother 3

kingdom hearts

You know what I'm thinking right now? Seeing some of your recent posts? You seriously need to shut up and don't say anything not contributing to the subjects. There's tons of people who would kill you if they can play GBA roms on their R4 after they do so.

dude.... to be fair, you haven't been contributing either.
I've got a question, but I'm stupid and haven't read much on the 'temp
you're wrong, I'm rude, I h8 J00s... oh noes... snap snap snap
*cries*
oh you suck, you cried, snap snap snap

chill, man. they only raided your house, they didn't kill your family.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude.... to be fair, you haven't been contributing either.
I've got a question, but I'm stupid and haven't read much on the 'temp
you're wrong, I'm rude, I h8 J00s... oh noes... snap snap snap
*cries*
oh you suck, you cried, snap snap snap

chill, man. they only raided your house, they didn't kill your family.
Yes, I did. I made the n00b shut up and admit he is wrong. Now that's something good to do.
lecture.gif

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
we should turn this into a one-post, locked announcement, ranting for 4 pages about all reasons why gba can't play on ds.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands

thomasroberts6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand how you could think that, but it was only one lousy question, which should have died. Anyone couldve asked, but it was me, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: