Can the R4 DS screw up my Nintendo DS Lite?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by skyfire, Mar 16, 2007.

Mar 16, 2007
  1. skyfire
    OP

Newcomer skyfire Newbie

United States
    I am thinking about getting a R4 for my DS Lite because of all the good things I have heard. However, I have a friend that claimed that the R4 worked flawlessly for awhile with his Nintendo DS Lite, and, all of a sudden, one day his Nintendo DS Lite was no longer functional. His Nintendo DS Lite cannot even be turned on. Did anyone experience anything like this? Has anyone experience any problem with the R4 that may affect the Nintendo DS Lite temporarily or permanently? Your advice and opinion are appreciated.

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    the r4 would not break your nds lite unless yourun a bricker on the r4. The virus that bricks your ds is very hard to find so theres nothing to worry about.

3. Magus19

Member Magus19 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It's probably the battery that failed.

4. amptor

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    It is possible that an aftermarket chinese product can damage your system. This is one major reason Nintendo would claim that you shouldn't use these devices. However, the likelihood of you getting a defective R4 that actually damages your system is slim. It's possible, but it's extremely rare to hear this happen. It is a very cheap piece of hardware though so this may happen to a few people out there.