Homebrew Can the newer revised Wii models rip GameCube discs?

Niosai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know they can play GameCube backups using something like USB Loader GX, but can the newer Wii models actually rip the discs?

Edit: Also I guess this question would apply to the Wii Mini as well, but in that case I sincerely doubt it.

mrdog887

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes rvl cpu 40 50 and 60 can. RVK-CPU-01 (K01) and RVK-CPU-02 (K02) needs a new disc drive.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

RVK-CPU-01 (K01) and RVK-CPU-02 (K02) are the wii family edition

D

Deleted User

Theoretically yes, but at this time in the Console's life, it's probably not a wise thing to do since there are few Hardware left in good condition.

Unless, of course, there is a GameCube Title that has not been ripped and shared Online.

In South East Asia, there was no Official Nintendo Wii release, so the stock we, i.e. Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia, received all came from South Korea, which was then bricked by the Update for Region-locking. This can be overcome, but these units from Home Use are actually quite rare nowadays.

Most of the current Stock abundance comes from Japanese Hotels, which one can buy in bulk Online.
Those have had years of use from multiple owners and, seeing their Industry origin, may not be in the best Sanitary Condition.

So if you happen to have a Wii that still has a good Laser on it, may be best to keep it that way.

Niosai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically yes, but at this time in the Console's life, it's probably not a wise thing to do since there are few Hardware left in good condition.

Unless, of course, there is a GameCube Title that has not been ripped and shared Online.

In South East Asia, there was no Official Nintendo Wii release, so the stock we, i.e. Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia, received all came from South Korea, which was then bricked by the Update for Region-locking. This can be overcome, but these units from Home Use are actually quite rare nowadays.

Most of the current Stock abundance comes from Japanese Hotels, which one can buy in bulk Online.
Those have had years of use from multiple owners and, seeing their Industry origin, may not be in the best Sanitary Condition.

So if you happen to have a Wii that still has a good Laser on it, may be best to keep it that way.

Hmmm, I appreciate the insight. What is the best way to rip GameCube games if I want a legal backup of my own ISO?

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I know they can play GameCube backups using something like USB Loader GX, but can the newer Wii models actually rip the discs?

Edit: Also I guess this question would apply to the Wii Mini as well, but in that case I sincerely doubt it.
Should be pretty obvious, but no. Physically impossible. Yes, you can change the drive inside inside a Wii Family Edition for one of the oldest ones, but there is no point as there is no Gamecube ports for controllers. Just use Nintendont at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality