Homebrew Can the New 3DS be downgraded safely?

Gamer4647

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not planning on running any exploits on my current 3DS systems, but would it be safe to downgrade the New 3DS?

The New 3DS came preinstalled with a more recent(?) firmware, and has slight changes to the OS, such as digital enabling of wireless communications, amiibo/NFC and face tracking, which might be lost

Last edited by Gamer4647,

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not planning on running any exploits on my current 3DS systems, but would it be safe to downgrade the New 3DS?

The New 3DS came preinstalled with a more recent(?) firmware, and has slight changes to the OS, such as digital enabling of wireless communications, amiibo/NFC and face tracking, which might n
It's fine as long as you use the New 3ds downgrade files.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thought so, but could you downgrade far enough to install CIA files
The linked guide provides step-by-step instructions for getting your 3DS setup to run homebrew and game CIA files.

If you stop at the end of Part 3, your system will be on SysNAND 9.2, and the latest EmuNAND running Luma3DS CFW (You will need to launch EmuNAND through HBL, as the guide says). This isn't as stable or reliable as a9lh, but is an option if you don't want to go all the way through for one reason or another. The recommended method is follow the guide completely, and install a9lh with Luma3DS CFW running on SysNAND.

Gamer4647

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help!
I'm relatively new to the 3DS homebrew scene, and emuNAND and CTGP-7 is tempting me to jump in

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.