Can the M3DS Simply support 2gig or larger chips?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by greasy, Nov 13, 2007.

Nov 13, 2007
  1. greasy
    OP

Newcomer greasy Member

United States
    I have an M3DS Simply with a 1 gig kingston (Japan) chip and it work great. But I was thinking of getting my brother in law and M3DS Simply (if they ever come back in stock) and getting a 2 gig chip with it. Has any one has any problems with the 32 gig chips?

Thanks,

2. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Never had a problem with my R4 and 2GiB kingston card, M3S is the same thing so I see no reason why there would be a problem. It's the ones over 2GiB that would be an issue (they are High Capacity SD and use slightly altered protocols).

AFAIK, the largest SDHC currently on the market is 8GiB, though SDHC doesn't work with current M3S/R4.

3. fangames

Newcomer fangames Member

United States
    The largest capacity of the memory car for m3 ds simply in only 4GB, but that for m3 ds real is even up to 32GB.

M3 ds simply out of stock? i see modchipstore.com ,digimartz.com , kickgaming.com and many other shops are full instock

4. Kiljaeden

Member Kiljaeden GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I've got a 2GB Kingston Japan MicroSD in my M3DS and I've got no problems whatsoever. I would like to know where I can get a 4GB MicroSD. I've only seen the SDHC versions.

5. greasy
    OP

Newcomer greasy Member

United States
    Has any one had any issue with kickgaming.com? I noticed they are in canada, I am in the US. Any issues with tarrifs?

6. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    The largest MicroSD is 4GB that is NOT labeled with SDHC. The original specification had a maximum of 2GB for non-SDHC microSD, but some companies went rogue and made an "unapproved" non-SDHC 4GB microSD. If M3 Simply were to get SDHC support, then the largest theoretical capacity would be 32GB. As for compatibility and performance with specific ROMs, that is still a mystery. olé

7. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    The largest SD I could find (non-sdhc) is 4GiB. Never did find a TF/microSD of that size (as far as I know, they had them ready but waited on SDHC to be finalized before putting them into production). As far as I can see, the largest non-SDHC TF card is 2GiB.

8. soupy

Newcomer soupy Newbie

United States
    My 32GB MicroSD card works awesome but I have to have those little zz's floating above my head to get it to boot [​IMG]

but yah got an 8GB on order actually really, will see what happens..