Can the a JB PS3 go online currently?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by micric100, Jan 4, 2011.

Jan 4, 2011
  1. micric100
    OP

Member micric100 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Sorry, I know this has been asked many times. I know that it couldn't originally but then people came out with all kinds of tools to go online but then they all stop working with the PSN update. There are many threads out there but most of them are old and don't work anymore.

So I just wanna know, right now is there any way to play games online with a jailbroken PS3? If not, do you think that with the recent developement on the ps3 hacking front that there will be a way to do this soon?

2. Fireballo

Banned Fireballo Banned

United States
    You can use the browser but you can't go on PSN or use netflix. I think all that will be taken care of soon now that the PS3 has been fully hacked.

3. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    Not sure but with the "key" I'd say making a cfw for the ps3 and being able to go online with that will be possible but Sony always has the ability to ban someone.

4. micric100
    OP

Member micric100 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    thanks guy for confirming that I currently can't play my ps3 games online with the 3.55 spoof or some new application, and that we're still waiting on a generous hacker to help with that. I hope once we do go online that sony doesn't start the ban parade though.

5. Nobunaga

Member Nobunaga Empty

Greece
    Someone made a semi cfw that you can access psn but it s buggy so i suggest you to wait for a new way to access psn also you can check other sites for psn games and other stuff [​IMG]

6. shadowkillerdrag

Member shadowkillerdrag GBAtemp Regular

United States
    meh most of the time you have to choose either get JB to play back ups and sac the online play
    or not JB and have online or just buy 2 ps3s

whatever floats your boat me i would be fine with just JB-ing without online play, i prefer PC for online play xD