Hacking Can the 3DS make backups of DS games?

• Thread starter Deleted-348199
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Or would that not work?
Sadly no. The 3DS won't recognize the cartridge if you hotswap cartridges in DS-mode, and sudokuhax doesn't have access to the cartridge slot AFAIK.
It would be possible to do it with 3DS-mode homebrew (would possibly require kernel access/CFW though), but no one's made a tool to do it yet.

D

Deleted-348199

Sadly no. The 3DS won't recognize the cartridge if you hotswap cartridges in DS-mode, and sudokuhax doesn't have access to the cartridge slot AFAIK.
It would be possible to do it with 3DS-mode homebrew (would possibly require kernel access/CFW though), but no one's made a tool to do it yet.
That's a bummer, I wish hoping you could so I wouldn't have to fiddle with my internet settings just to connect my DS

loco365

Trophies
XP
I think uncart can do this, however, you need to run it under MSET: https://github.com/Normmatt/uncart

I have a build somewhere that does dump NDS games as I was able to dump my Action Replay NDS with it for science purposes, but I'm not sure if the version on GitHub here has those capabilities.

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think uncart can do this, however, you need to run it under MSET: https://github.com/Normmatt/uncart

I have a build somewhere that does dump NDS games as I was able to dump my Action Replay NDS with it for science purposes, but I'm not sure if the version on GitHub here has those capabilities.
I stand corrected - it does seem to support NDS games. At least, there are files named protocol_ntr and command_ntr, as well as protocol_ctr and command_ctr. ntr most likely stands for nitro, the NDS codename.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol tell him to give it away to you