Hacking Can the 3-in-1 Save Backup Tool work with 8MB saves?

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/t92218-ds-2385-daigasso...p;#entry1274200

This post suggests that I can modify the Slot 2 Backup Tool so that it will properly extract the 8MB save of Daigasso! Band Brothers DX... but it doesn't say if the EZ 3-in-1 version of the Backup Tool works or not. I have a DS phat and I need something to extract my save to (since I have a slot-1 card (CycloDS), I can't extract it to a slot-2 card), and I'm interested in the 3-in-1 for it's functionality in general, so it'd be nice if I could extract it to the 3-in-1 so I don't have to buy the 3-in-1 and another device...

So... Could anyone give me some insight on if this will work or not? Even better if you have the game to test it on...

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
you have to specify the save size. Depending on which one backup version you got, it is already configured for you.

But will it allow me to backup 8MB saves? I've heard it wouldn't without modification, though that WAS a while ago...

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Rubedo said:
how_do_i_do_that said:
you have to specify the save size. Depending on which one backup version you got, it is already configured for you.

But will it allow me to backup 8MB saves? I've heard it wouldn't without modification, though that WAS a while ago...

Seriously do you even read and understand what you read?

nds_backup_tool_slot2b.png

How damn hard is it for you to edit a ini file.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
Rubedo said:
how_do_i_do_that said:

Seriously do you even read and understand what you read?

nds_backup_tool_slot2b.png

How damn hard is it for you to edit a ini file.

Well considering I've never had to do it before and had no idea what you're talking about...
Anyway, no need to be rude, man.
Thanks.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
It is faster to explain to someone what they did wrong and how to fix it than to sit there and explain how to do it right when they never bothered to try it in the first place.

It took 6 posts for explainations, while a this is what you did wrong and fix it this way takes 4 or less in most cases.

Most of this stuff is not very complicated beyond editing a few files with notepad, from a user's perspective.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
It is faster to explain to someone what they did wrong and how to fix it than to sit there and explain how to do it right when they never bothered to try it in the first place.

It took 6 posts for explainations, while a this is what you did wrong and fix it this way takes 4 or less in most cases.

Most of this stuff is not very complicated beyond editing a few files with notepad, from a user's perspective.

You still have no reason to be rude to someone who merely asked a question and didn't understand your answer because they have no experience with this particular thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more