Hacking Can someone with more experience guide me on what I missed

mapson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a virgin 4.2U LU50 Wii. I am following the Noob Starter Guide by nabster92 and I'm stuck between the Trucha Bug Restorer and cIOSInstaller part.

I have done the following...

completed BannerBomb
completed Hackmii Installer
installed the HBC
installed the bootmii
ran the nand backup
completed Trucha Bug Restorer 1.1
stuck on ATD Mod

After TBR 1.1, I was going to follow the next step...cIOS Installer but it states I should do the following.

***For 4.2 users, before you install a cIOS, you must remove the stubs installed over their IOS slots by 4.2 by using AnyTitle Deleter DB or AnyTitle Deleter MOD to delete IOS 222, 223, 249, and 250 USING IOS36 to do it after applying all of the patches to IOS36 with the TBR MOD. Then you may continue to install your cIOS as usual.***

So I tried using ATD DB and it didn't show which IOS I should select, I then went with ATD Mod 6v which allowed me to select IOS36.
When I selected IOS36 and press A, I get the error ES_OpenContent (ret=-1017) and also Region Detection Failure! 0 and Conf region 1

So I tried ATD Mod 6vb, it gives me a ISFS_Delete (ret=106)

With all the ATDs, I can continue when I press A but under System Titles, I don't see any IOS 222, 223, 249, 250. Only a 254.

Now under xzxero's Modify any Wiis 4.2 and below, he states if none of the IOSs are there, I should move along.

So should I continue to cIOS or is there something I missed? Should I be concerned with the various error messages?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nabster92's guide is also excellent for hacking your wii and of course xzxero's as well. like you have just stated from the guide, you could continue to install cios install if you cannot see stub cios 249, 222, etc. the purpose of removing the stub cios is for you to install the cios to your wii. you cannot install, say cios249, if your wii have the stub cios249. however since you said you did not see any stub cios to uninstall using ATD, then you could move on installing cios.

mapson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks razorback, I went ahead and continued with the cIOS installs. Your post was what I needed, I didn't know if the "error" messages that popped up before my missing stub cIOS would cause problems further into the hacking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there