Hacking Can someone upload me the LATEST aeskeydb.bin and data_input_v3 ?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The guide never told you (and never will) to delete the aeskeydb.bin since it's required to launch the payloads (Decrypt9, Hourglass9, etc)

You can remove any extra files from the root of the SD card that are not in the image.
687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f546258656a534d2e706e67

SOURCE: The Old Guide. https://github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I ask again: why are you updating A9LH? You're already on the latest version of it.

If you want to update Luma, all you have to do is run the Luma Updater on Home menu (that you must have, even if you did the guide for some time) and it will update.

To update the System FW, just do it trough System Settings. Easy

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know and i remember this.... But the currently link from me sayd it. I removed it because there was already a link for the aeskeydb.bin to download. So i downloaded from there now but have this Problem that i cant Upgrade...

Edit:

The guide never told you (and never will) to delete the aeskeydb.bin since it's required to launch the payloads (Decrypt9, Hourglass9, etc)

SOURCE: The Old Guide. https://github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

I ask again: why are you updating A9LH? You're already on the latest version of it.

If you want to update Luma, all you have to do is run the Luma Updater on Home menu (that you must have, even if you did the guide for some time) and it will update.

To update the System FW, just do it trough System Settings. Easy

I was not sure. Because my FW is 2 Versions Older and i thought if i Update now my 3Ds, i need the newest A9LH and Luma Update (And i didnt know i have the newest A9LH..:wtf: ?)

Edit: i done a RESTORE. The File is back, but the UPDATE of A9LH still wont work.

Maybe i have the newest Version like you say, yeah. But why my 3Ds says: "Error: payload_stage1.bin doesn't exist or exceeds max size" ??

Last edited by ProfiSuchti,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Let's start from the beginning: What do you want to do?

Update Luma?
Run the Luma Updater from Home Menu OR delete the "config.bin" inside "Luma" folder and "arm9loaderhax.bin".
Download the latest Luma from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases and copy the "arm9loaderhax.bin" from the zip to the sd root.
Boot the console and Luma Config will open.
Set the options as this:
Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
  • “Autoboot SysNAND”
  • “Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R (A9LH)”
  • “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
  • “Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM”

Update system FW?
Boot your console normally. Go to System Settings. Go to the last page of it. Click "System Update" (Or whatever, I have it in Portuguese)

Is this it or do you want to do anything different?

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks cravas. Yeah you understand me right, i just wonder why i get the Error with the Payload_Stage1.bin ^^.

I will do now your Steps. Like i sayd: Maybe i have the Newest Version of A9LH, but it gives me this Error. I just wonder about the Error, i dont care if it Updates, or not. But the Message was strange ^^.

Okay i updated LUMA.

I update finally now my 3Ds trough the System Settings.
I had fear that if i Update my 3Ds without Updating Luma etc. that my CFW wont work anymore right.Thats why i started searching for a Update Guide and followed the one Guide from the Link...i have still fear but anyway i Update now.

Btw: I know that Luma and A9LH are 2 Different things, so dont understand me wrong. I tried to Upgrade Luma + A9LH. But on A9LH i was not sure i have the newest Version or not, so anyway i tried to update it but i got the strange Message.... i hope its okay if i Ignore it ? because it seems that it cant find the Payload_stage1.bin ???

I just dont want to have Problems in the Future only because this Message ^^

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ever since the 5 pages guide (or even before that) we're using the v2 of A9LH so, yes it is updated.

Only if you want to install a version of the A9LH that boots without the SD on the console, then you follow those steps (with some tweaks).
Which I advise you strongly to not do it since you don't quite understand what you're doing (don't take it in the wrong way, just trying to prevent you from doing something wrong to the console).

The updating page that you were following ( https://plailect.github.io/Guide/updating-a9lh ) is only for those who had installed the v1 of A9LH and for the situation I told above: install a SD-Less version of A9LH. Nothing more.

To keep our consoles up-to-date, we only need to do what I explained you on the previous post.

Also, when you followed the guide, it instructed you (and I've also done it several times like that) to have the aeskeydb.bin on root but the new (recent 3 pages guide) has us putting it inside a files9 folder. In your case, just let it on SD root (since you followed the guide in that way)

Reactions: ProfiSuchti

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Now i understand it. THANKS!

Thats why i get the Error^^.Because the Guide and the Link was for the V1 Version.

So: Everytime if a 3Ds Update is available, i just need to Update LUMA trough the Luma App on the Home Menu BEFORE Updating my 3Ds. Then Updating my 3Ds trough the System Settings Normally and then i can still use my CFW <3.
Didnt know its so easy.

I thought i need to Update EVERYTHING like Luma,A9LH, the Tweaks / Homebrew etc....

So i keep that in Mind. THIS was the First UPDATE on my 3Ds that i done AFTER installing successfully CFW ago few Months.

Big Thanks man <3.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No worries, ;)

For you to prevent any issue, just remove what you copied to the SD from that page.
You can remove a9lh folder and the down_safea9lhinstaller.bin from /luma/payloads

The aeskeydb.bin leave it where it is. It's necessary.

I also advise you to test your payloads. (You only need to have inside /luma/payloads, the latest Hourglass9)
Try to boot it and make yourself a NAND backup to keep it in a safe place and make a copy or your SD to keep with that NAND backup.

Reactions: ProfiSuchti

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I do another Restore now for my SD Card ^^.

I had to Update my 3Ds now 2x btw. Its now on the newest Version and i can play online etc. finally <3

Edit: Okay i restored the Folders that i "Changed" because the one Guide. Everything works now, the Payloads etc. too.

Thanks thanks thanks <3

Reactions: cravas

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How different is data inot v3 to v2 (so does the aeskeydb.bin)? I followed the guide everytime, but now wondering the necessary in updating these files if I use the same old file/process for 03DS

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here I am :D

34fa4105ae9ddc445751e4916bcce652.png

Its very very very sad that we cant help us each other. I mean: I cant download ANY Torrent from any TORRENT SITE, my Provider blocket it.
But at least you guys told me at the end that i just need Update Luma and then my 3Ds Firmware. So i dont needed the Files from the Torrent Link.
But its still sad...

How different is data inot v3 to v2 (so does the aeskeydb.bin)? I followed the guide everytime, but now wondering the necessary in updating these files if I use the same old file/process for 03DS

Good Question

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its very very very sad that we cant help us each other. I mean: I cant download ANY Torrent from any TORRENT SITE, my Provider blocket it.
But at least you guys told me at the end that i just need Update Luma and then my 3Ds Firmware. So i dont needed the Files from the Torrent Link.
But its still sad...

Good Question
Have you tried deluge? I think it's pretty good.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this same-ish problem (but double-check files before you double-wreck your Nands) last week.

I don't know how much I can assist you, but Plailect states to use trans...whatever for TR files; that did not work for me. I did use zbigz after a mozilla plugin. California über älles, joined the master race. Hope that future-helps others if you truly solved your problem.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The versions of the data_input have nothing to do with the version of A9LH. They are there to give you a notion that the specific package has been updated (the package itself).

If you want to know the differences between v2 and v3, they are only the addition of a "firm0_100.bin" to the zip.
The other files on the package are exactly the same (same hash).

firm0.bin; firm1.bin; secret_sector.bin on the v2 package and on v3 you add firm0_100.bin.

The firm0_100.bin was added to be used on the OTPless N3DS method. (My interpretation)

For the aeskeydb.bin from the guide of v2 data_input to the v3, it doubled it's size and so, it is different.
Why? Well, since it's a merged slotkeys, maybe some more were added to it or due to the way it is used now on v3 (inside files9 folder), instead of SD root as it was on v2.

Reactions: tivu100

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why are you guys still trying "help" me ?

My Problem is ALREADY Solved, Thanks cravas XD.I find it just sad that its not okay if someone downloads FOR someone else a File and Uploads him the File where else. But okay ^^.

Btw: @danwellby not a bad idea really :o. But i am still a little Feared. What if the Coffee Shop gets some day a Letter with the Message: "You downloaded a Torrent trough this Site .... bla bla bla.... You have to pay a punishment of 1.200€. If you ignore this, we have to Handle Personally and it will be much more expensiver than before..." ?

I life in German, i will NEVER DOWNLOAD from any Torrent and our Provider Blocked Torrent sites so we are safe and if we get a Letter, we can Prove that we dont downloaded any Torrent (Accord our Provider).

One of my well-Known got a Letter like this, and had to Pay 1.200€+. He even didnt know what Torrent is. He had sadly no Proves to show that he dont downloaded, so he had to Pay it.

German -> Hard Rules -> Sad Sad Sad.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I life in German, i will NEVER DOWNLOAD from any Torrent and our Provider Blocked Torrent sites so we are safe and if we get a Letter, we can Prove that we dont downloaded any Torrent (Accord our Provider).

One of my well-Known got a Letter like this, and had to Pay 1.200€+. He even didnt know what Torrent is. He had sadly no Proves to show that he dont downloaded, so he had to Pay it.

German -> Hard Rules -> Sad Sad Sad.

I tried to save you the trouble.....I bet you didn't even google zbigz. Oh well; I've gotten less for doing more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?