Can someone try to link the GCN Pokemon games with the GBA games thru Dios Mios Lite?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Randall402, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Randall402
    OP

Randall402 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2012
    United States
    Hi, I'd like to know if someone could use Dios Mios Lite to boot Pokemon Coloseeum/XD, and then try to send Pokemon from them to any one of the GBA Pokemon games. I'd do it myself , but I'm currently lacking in a GCN link cable. This is the only reason I wanna buy one anyway

EDIT: Got the cable a couple of days ago, and it works perfectly

2. Randall402
    OP

Randall402 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2012
    United States
    Anybody???

3. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    GBA Link works perfectly fine last time I checked, albeit I was playing "Sonic Adventure 2: Battle" and I was sending my Chao to a Chao Garden. That being said, it's the exact same protocol, so I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Randall402 likes this.
  4. tan-tan

tan-tan GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2011
    Canada
    I've done it, it works just fine. Pokemon Box also works great through DML.

Randall402 likes this.
  5. Acidflare

Acidflare HomeBrew Beta Tester

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    I would assume it would work considering the wii is built around the gamecube hardware and software and dios-mios is a redirection of gc access from dvd to usb or sd

6. Randall402
    OP

Randall402 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2012
    United States

So the linking between a 3rd gen GBA Pokemon game and Pokemon Coloseeum/XD works fine? I just wanna clarify before I buy the linking cable

EDIT: I mean you used a backup copy of Pokemon Coloseeum/XD, and not the real discs? Also, if you did use backups, you used Dios Mios Lite, right?