Can someone tell me the optimal settings for Nintendont?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Malackz, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Malackz
    OP

Malackz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2015
    United States
    Portland, Oregon
    Ive been using Nintendont alot recently,but when started playing super mario sunshine and twilight princess lately, things have been looking kinda bad. like on super mario sunshine, i definitely remember the game being made for widescreen, but it always starts in a 4:3 format, with two bars on the left and right. It also looks a little squished together. but then when i put the nintendont settings on wii u widescreen, everything looks stretched and extremely pixelated. same with twilight princess. Could someone tell me how to get it looking like its supposed to?

2. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Both "Force Widescreen" and "WiiU Widescreen" need to be on, its a function that works together. "Force Widescreen" squishes all the models down so that they look normal in widescreen, and "WiiU Widescreen" sends a signal over HDMI to tell the TV it needs to cover a 16:9 area instead of a 4:3

Margen67 likes this.
  3. Malackz
    OP

Malackz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2015
    United States
    Portland, Oregon
    oh okay, thanks :D and do i need to say yes when it asks if i want to turn progressive on?

Margen67 likes this.
  4. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    If you want the game to look better, yes ;)

Margen67 likes this.
  5. Malackz
    OP

Malackz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2015
    United States
    Portland, Oregon
    It does look alot better, thanks :) but im not sure if its supposed to have thin black bars surrounding the whole screen, or if its supposed to fill it in...

6. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    It should be completely filled in, but that sounds like a TV setting issue to me... Try setting different image settings for your TV and see if that helps

7. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Overscan. some games has options for filling screen, but most don't.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  8. Malackz
    OP

Malackz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2015
    United States
    Portland, Oregon
    You guys are the best!! but one more issue, and this may just be me, or it might be a game problem. there are lines running through everything, and i think its an overscan thing, but it looks a little bit...bad...and also i dont remember the game looking this pixelated...if one of you has a newer tv and a disc version of the game, would you be able to confirm that this is how its supposed to be? i have the game but i dont have anything that plays gamecube disks anymore :/

9. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Im not sure, but there may be 2 things here

1. You have a large LCD screen, so it looks worse because picture is streched more
    2. Nostalgia makes you think game looked better than it actually does (been there myself ^^)

10. Malackz
    OP

Malackz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2015
    United States
    Portland, Oregon
    its an LED so it must be the nostalgia, but i swear it wasn't this bad....i mean its worse than ocarina of time pixel wise, (but of course polygon wise its still better) i dont really mind it since im not picky about my graphics, but i swear it used to be better haha

11. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Well thats what I mean, Led/lcd.
    CRT screens handled low res consoles better. For example try comparing NES on crt or a new lcd/led/plazma whatever screen ^^

12. Malackz
    OP

Malackz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2015
    United States
    Portland, Oregon
    yeah, thats true, i did play it on CRT...oh well, thanks so much to everyone for helping me :)

newersumm likes this.
  13. kribblz

kribblz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Itzehoe, Germany
    vwii and gamecube software looks bad on big tvs mine is 65"