Hardware Can someone tell me if this setup is OK?

indev97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
:switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch:
Hi! Well, I´ve been choosing some pieces for my new setup. The setup doesn´t include the graphic card, because I´ll keep my GTX 970 Windforce. Here you have the setup, if there´s something bad on it, just tell me:

-
CAJA /NOX HUMMER MC 3.0/ 49,23 (Box)
-
REFRIGERACION L. /ENERMAX LIQUID/ 69 (Liquid Refrig.)
-
FUENTE DE PODER /CORSAIR VS650/ 59,95 (Power supply)
-
MEMORIA RAM /KINGSTON DDR4 2666MHZ/ 166 (4 slots, because it will be faster if it´s not concentrated in only one)
-
PROCESADOR /INTEL i7 8700k/ 312 (Overclocked, eventually ;)
-
MOTHERBOARD /GIGABYTE AORUS/ 200 (Motherboard)
-
GTX 970 Windforce (Graphic card, I already have it)
-
There you have it. Hope you liked it! :grog::gba:
:switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch:
PD: I made a setup post once, but this is more efficient for the cost.

Attachments

• Indev´s setup.txt
    371 bytes · Views: 241
Last edited by indev97,

indev97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
:switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch:
Extra info:
-350 W of consume.
-Intel Boost software for overclock.
-Motherboard supports 4 slots, good if you have a shuttdown.
-The box contains a "help" for installing the processor and graphic card with more security.
:switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch::switch:

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How much RAM you have ? You didn't precise it.

For a config like this, go for 8 or 12/16 for a good boost of performance. 1666MHz is quite good. There are also some 2000MHz, but this is quite balanced ATM.

indev97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
How much RAM you have ? You didn't precise it.

For a config like this, go for 8 or 12/16 for a good boost of performance. 1666MHz is quite good. There are also some 2000MHz, but this is quite balanced ATM.
The GB of RAM will be 16, I´ll divide them in 4 slots (4x4) for a better speed.

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, quite good ! 4X4 at 1666MHz is nice !

EDIT: It is 2666MHz ! My bad xDDD, this is even better now !

Last edited by sp3off,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

indev97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The price is quite harsh, but yeah, that's the price for a Gaming PC.

I suggest you to go for a Intel Core i7-7700K though. 7th Gen, but 4.2 GHz (4.5 at turbo speed !), and cheaper.

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B01LTI1JEM/ref=psdc_937925031_t4_B07598HLB4
The i7 K processors have a very high level of temperature, it´s more efficient to use the 8700k with the lr, so I can get more FPS and low temperatures. I knew about a friend that used to have the i7 K processor, and he said the temperature of it got a max level of 75 degrees!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that will not work..... if you going with cafee lake you need a cafee lake mobo, they are the same socket but not compatible (blame intel for doing this shit)

https://ark.intel.com/products/126684/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-Processor-12M-Cache-up-to-4_70-GHz

of course your mobo has 4 slots, but will only work in dual channel, meaning putting 4 sticks will not give you any advantage in speed than 2
The processor and motherboard will work perfectly. The RAM will be divided in 2x8, I made a mistake. The motherboard is a little bit powerfull for the PC, but it´s ok.

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The i7 K processors have a very high level of temperature, it´s more efficient to use the 8700k with the lr, so I can get more FPS and low temperatures. I knew about a friend that used to have the i7 K processor, and he said the temperature of it got a max level of 75 degrees!

Probably because he didn't use thermal paste or it's because his processor is badly cooled.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The motherboard is a little bit powerfull for the PC
the motherboard has no impact in performance..
you choose a mobo based in price, functions and options
make sure it is a 300 series mobo, if you going with a 200 series it will not work...

indev97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
that will not work..... if you going with cafee lake you need a cafee lake mobo, they are the same socket but not compatible (blame intel for doing this shit)

https://ark.intel.com/products/126684/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-Processor-12M-Cache-up-to-4_70-GHz

of course your mobo has 4 slots, but will only work in dual channel, meaning putting 4 sticks will not give you any advantage in speed than 2
https://www.profesionalreview.com/2017/10/05/gigabyte-aorus-z370-gaming-7-review/
They boosted the processor (8700k) to 4.8 GHz without any problem, I think it will be very good.

indev97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
the motherboard has no impact in performance..
you choose a mobo based in price, functions and options
make sure it is a 300 series mobo, if you going with a 200 series it will not work...
I didn´t choose it because the price, don´t tell things you don´t even know. As I said, the motherboard handles the RAM and processor very good, good connection with the two LAN Gigabite Killer and supports very good extreme shutting downs of energy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

+ Your Intel Core i7 8700K is a Dual Channel processor, not a Quad, just checked.
I said I made a mistake, I checked too and it´s a dual, that´s why I´ll divide the RAM in 2x8.

Last edited by indev97,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2