Gaming Can someone tell me about Puzzle Swap?

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll be honest, these two features:

Puzzle Swap
Find Mii

I just don't get. I spent a 300 coins last night on getting puzzle pieces and I got the Metroid and Pikmin one done. But how am I supposed to get purple pieces for the Mario Open Tennis?

I get that I'm supposed to be streetpassing with people, but hardly anybody in my town or such have a 3DS. So is there any other way I can get these pieces?

As for the Find Mii, I don't know how it works, I only have one person on my team and that's the Reggie Mii from some time ago, the rest of the time I'm just hiring characters.

How exactly do I play this stuff and what's the best way to complete them if I'm unable to spotpass with people?

jowan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Just streetpass :/....the purple ones you have to get them from people who have them...yeah, that sucks, for me too..:/

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
purple pieces, street pass ONLY

you can use coins to hire a weak hero co get passed it, to make take 300+ coins to do

when you street pass you get them as a hero for each street pass with that person i think their mii will level up for find mii

just take you 3ds wherever you go, you never know it you steetpass

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only purpose for QR codes is to share your Mii with others. Unless your Mii is a gold pants wearing special, it cannot be moved to your plaza.

Find Mii and Streetpass are really designed for those in large cities. If you live out in the boonies, you're pretty much fucked. Try lurking around your local Gamestop, if you have one. Generally staff there have a 3DS on with a fair amount of puzzle pieces. Got most of my purple ones that way.

Yes, if you streetpass with the same Mii it will go up a level (Max 7) in Find Mii and FM2. Also, if you have a second 3DS, or know someone willing to make additional Mii's for streetpass, you can use that 3DS to stock your plaza with various shirt colors to make Find Mii a touch easier. I did it with mine, and it helps with Find Mii 2 (since for some rooms you need 2 of a certain color Mii to pass. Shields, however, you can generally power through with 2 level 7 Fire or Water magic Mii's).

It is a royal pain in the ass to get all the hats.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If purple pieces are only from Streetpass, how do any exist?
Actually, they aren't ONLY from Streetpass. You have a chance to get a purple piece as your first whenever you get a new puzzle from Nintendo. After that, though...you can only get purple pieces through streetpass.

Last time they sent Reggie via Spotpass, I managed to finish a puzzle from that.

Reactions: chavosaur

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get all of my new panels by taking pieces from panels I don't have in Streetpass. I've never been given a panel with purple pieces from Nintendo.

I did, once. I nearly shit myself.

If they send Reggie or that other guy again this year through Spotpass, you'll be able to pick a purple piece from him.

Reactions: chavosaur
D

Deleted-236924

Should allow us to get like ~10 tags over Wi-Fi per day from people you have added to your Friend's list, in order to be able to complete puzzles when you live in an area with nearly nobody.

Reactions: jalaneme

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Fire Emblem do exist. But only in Japan so far..

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Puzzle_Swap

I hope Luigi's Mansion 2 will come as a puzzle as well =)

I have 5 complete puzzles so far..

Metriod: Other M, Mario & Bowser, Super Mario Galaxy 2, The Legend of Zelda & Pikmin..

The one that really SHINES on my 3DS is Super Mario Galaxy 2. Hope the later puzzles are better than Metriod: Other M & Mario and Bowser. They are a little boring I think.. with no background..

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire Emblem do exist. But only in Japan so far..

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Puzzle_Swap

I hope Luigi's Mansion 2 will come as a puzzle as well =)

I have 5 complete puzzles so far..

Metriod: Other M, Mario & Bowser, Super Mario Galaxy 2, The Legend of Zelda & Pikmin..

The one that really SHINES on my 3DS is Super Mario Galaxy 2. Hope the later puzzles are better than Metriod: Other M & Mario and Bowser. They are a little boring I think.. with no background..
I know Fire Emblem is Japan only right now. I would be surprised if it isn't sent to the NA region shortly.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninty just HAD to release that Fire Emblem puzzle in puzzle swap :glare:
Well, I burned a ton of play coins and managed to fill it all up except for the purple pieces I gotta find for it.
So now im at 534/545 puzzle pieces since im still missing 3 pink pieces from kirby's return to dreamland, and all the pink pieces for this new fire emblem puzzle.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i hate puzzle swap ¬_¬ you waste so many coins only for them to be all duplicate puzzle pieces you already have :( i do wish they would let you swap puzzle pieces with your friends list online, maybe the feature would actually have a purpose.

nintendo need to realize that not everyone lives in the middle of tokyo city.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The friends list thing would make it too easy. I wouldnt mind if they sent out a gold pants mii every once in awhile that you could pick one pink piece from. I dont want puzzle swap too be too easy though, its all about that anticipation and specialty of seeing that green light go off and wondering if its gonna be that piece you need.

Randamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had good experiences with street pass for the most part since I go to a university and hang around the dining hall and walk around campus too on a daily basis. While this in itself has helped me with puzzle swap what really gave me the boost that I needed is attending the Zelda Symphony when it came to the nearest city. There I was able to obtain all the purple pieces for all the puzzles I had at that time. If only the Kirby return to dreamland puzzle available at that time I would've gotten all the purple pieces for that one too.

Retail stores aren't the most helpful for either since those units are not updated often and have parental controls that restricts getting into the internet settings. While the attwifi SSID loophole works in a public setting it is not ideal considering the hotspot also has to be open so other devices around the area connect eating up the limited bandwidth. That leaves having to do that when everyone is at work but this seems like too much effort when the puzzle that appears may not be purple.

On a related note right now that I checked my mii plaza there was a spotpass notification and by coincidence it was the first piece to the Fire Emblem puzzle. Unfortunately it wasn't one of the purple pieces but oh well I'm sure to find them all someday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1