Gaming Can someone suggest a game with an awesome story?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think that the Fianl Fantasies the ive emulated on the PSP had great stories. 7, 9, tactics. I know ill catch alot of flak for that but its my vote.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Final Fantasy Tactics, but that isn't everybody's cup of tea.

Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII is alright. The game play is absolute shit but the story itself is pretty good.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Chrono Trigger get PSP or PSX release? If so, that's supposed to have a good plot; it might be worth a shot if you haven't already played it.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Chrono Trigger get PSP or PSX release? If so, that's supposed to have a good plot; it might be worth a shot if you haven't already played it.
Both actually, there was a PSX game released with some pretty neat anime cut scenes and then there was a release on PSN like last year or something.

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this depends if your wanting psp games then I have a short list, if you want psx and other it'll be a very very long list...

(The psp awsome story game list )

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - Its remake or remastered verson which ever of the original from the ps1 which was a remake of the sega cd one. It has a awsome and classic story with a awsome ending. Its combat is more like the older final fantasy games,

Breath of Fire 3 - An epic story for sure, and a must play, the best of the breath of flre games, long and full of adventure to boot.

Crisis Core - If you have played Final fantsy 7 clearly this game is a must play, though I have not played it I hear its really good.

Starocean: Second Evolution - never actualy played it, I know nothing about it but star ocean games usualy have great stories as ive never heard complaints on this one I asume its no different.

Edit: Final Fantasy X - I forgot final fantasy X was remastered for the ps3 and psp, this meaning they made the graphics for it HD and nothing more I think.

( Playstaion One Best story games )

Final Fantasy 7 - This always has been, and always will be on the top of every list for its possibly the greatest game ever.

Lunar: Silver Star Story complete - Classic rpg and a remake of the sega cd verson, great story met with a a perfect ending.

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue complete - This one takes place many year's after the first one, and carry's on its epic story and fully ends the game as well leaves every thing you wondered about explained.

Xenogears: Very hard to find but very very good, graphics are a bit dated though. Not to beconfused with the horribly game/stories of xenosaga 2&3... if only those two games could be unmade.... if only they could have been like XenoSaga1

Mega Man Legends: dated pretty bad in terms of graphics, but that aside the story is amazing.

Mega Man legends 2: Graphic's arn't as bad as the first one but still an amazing story that finishes the game. Though a 3rd one had been planned for the 3ds.

Wild Arms - Classic epic rpg, many wild arm's games each of them with a epic and wonderful story and theme. There's a remake for it on the ps2, saddly I could never find it .

Breath of Fire 3 - Epic story awsome game play, and even by today's standereds id say the graphic's arn't to bad, has a port on the psp. The best of the breath of fire games.

Final Fantasy 9 - always a good story with most of the older final fantasy's - and the graphic's are nice still in my opinion.

Final Fantasy 8 - This one is loved and disliked by many, its story being good depends on your opinion of it I suppose.

( Playstation 2 good story games )

Dragon Quest VIII - One of the most epic games, awsome and epic story, my number one fave ps2 game. And its graphics are still freaking awsome by today's standereds. This game will have every thing you ever want in a rpg.

Final Fantasy X - There will always be a final fantsay on these lists unless its a wii one lol.

StarOcean; till the end of time - Epic game play, epic story, lots of fun stuff to do, a must play and the best of the star ocean games to date.

Wild Arms 3 - Good story but can be very hard, this is a game Ifound I needed a players guide for several times....

Wild arms 4 - Great story and all around fun game, nice and orginal battle system to boot.

Wild Arms 5 - A very epic story, and my favorite of the wild arm's games if your going to play any of them this is the one to play. Note 2 things, Wild arms games arn't linked so what order you play them in does not matter. Also this one has a broken verson of Wild arms 4 battle system. Just means less fun in battle compaired to fighting in 4 the game its self is fine.

Xenosaga - so long as you accept pat 2 is litteraly broken and must not have had beta testing as well as one of the worst story for a game ever. 3 isn't as bad as 2 but the story was just horrible. All the goodness was spent on 1 it seems...

Rogue Galaxy - Awsome game, though more worthy of the star ocean title as you actualy travel through space and to many other worlds. Its like a suped up verson of star ocean.

Castlevania Curse of Darkness - Awsome story and awsome gameplay.

Castlevania Lament of innoccence - The story of the first bahmont and how the whip was made.

Dawn of Mana - A great game but not for every one, if you never liked any of the mana games this one might not be for you.

Breath of fire Dragon Quarter - I loved this game, but many others don't, though thats because it was such a huge change from the other breath of fire games. The story is every one lives under ground in a shelter and your going up the many levels to help a girl get to the surface so she can survive as the polution underground is killing her. A bad thing about this game is you actualy have a limit of steps you can take. Walk to much and you will die which is retarded as if this happens half way through or somethimg you have to restart. Cheating to get around this can cause problems at the end with the boss... as you need that step gauge full ish...

Edit cause I got bored and added ( Game cube games with great stories )

The legend of Zelda Wind waker - Awsome awsome story, takes place ages after orcina of time, though most hate it for its massive graphics change from realizem. Though if you don't mind the change in graphics its a must play with replay value to me.

The lengend of Zelda twilight princess - I liked wind waker more but felt this one was good to, then again what zelda isn't lol.

Sky's of Arcadia - Awsome game but is a port from the sega cd, graphics are a bit dated, side note there is a anime that is very similar to this game.

Resident Evil 4 - Still the best resident evil game in my book, not insanely hard, if your looking for a shooter with a decent story this is it.

Tales of Symphonia - Loved it liked it have it, classic rpg graphics are still good and it has a sequel on the Wii that was pretty good and has a nice plot twist.

Luigi's Mansion - Not all that long and by far not a epic story but fun to play, a sequel is coming on on the 3DS for it.

Edit cause I got bored and added ( Wii Games with good stories )

The legend of Zelda Skyward sword - awsome story, leave it to Zelda games to always be as golden as the triforce when every they come out.

The legend of Zelda Twilight princess - This was okay, decent story but not the best in my opinion skyward sword was waaay better and more fun.

Tales of Symphonia 2 - A sequal to Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube, is a must play if you liked the first one, story has a nice plot twist at the end :)

Metroid M other - Baddly named but not baddly made, great story, Metroid has not had one with this much depth sense Metroid fusion, not to say the others didn't, but it was always more a shooter than a story to me compaired to those two. Though the Metroid primes was decent story wise was well.

Xenoblade - Possibly the last good game for the Wii, I have not played it yet as im to poor to buy it right now but I hear only good things about it so far.

Added cause I got bored again ( Ds games with good stories )

On second though this list would be so long id be up all night.... unlike the gamecube and wii Nintendo's handhelds have far better games and much much more of them lol. :D

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted_171835

Deus Ex: Human Revolution has a nice story although the ending wasn't that good.

Edit: Wrong section... I guess FFIV?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he... +1