Can someone recommend a 2 gb Micro SD

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by lemmiwinks64, Jul 1, 2007.

1. lemmiwinks64
    OP

lemmiwinks64 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2007
    Recently got my R4 and 3 in 1 with a 1 gb Kingston Micro SD. I'm very pleased with it, however I want to purchase a 2 gb Micro SD now. I live in Australia and thought that this http://www.cheapchips.com.au/memory/sandis...emory-card.html looked like a good deal. Is it a good card/compatible with the R4? If anyone can recommend a better deal or a better card it would be much appreciated.

I'm also very impatient, so fast shipping is quite important to me.

2. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    You're out of luck if you want them locally. Dealextreme offers EMS, and you can use that with their Japanese 2GB Kingston.

3. lemmiwinks64
    OP

lemmiwinks64 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2007
    Will a Sandisk not work with the R4/Kingston reader?

4. 4saken

Nov 28, 2006
    It will, but its not as good in terms of speed and compatibility

5. TLSpartan

TLSpartan Kills threads

Oct 20, 2006
    I have Sandisk 2GB(from Officeworks for 40 dollars during a sale) that works really well in EZF4 Lite Deluxe. Not sure about a R4 though [​IMG]

6. lemmiwinks64
    OP

lemmiwinks64 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2007
    Is speed write speed? And compatibility with roms or the R4 itself? I'm not that worried if I can't play Castlevania POR.

7. 4saken

Nov 28, 2006
    This is tested personally: The Sandisk 2GB will crash in the R4. The Kingston 2GB Japan will crash in the R4, albeit much rarer. It is safely playable on the Toshiba/Kingston/PNY 2GB Japan micro SD.

8. lemmiwinks64
    OP

lemmiwinks64 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2007
    Thanks for that, I was just about to order the Sandisk! Do you know a good retailer that sells the Toshiba/Kingston cards? Preferably one with fast shipping. I ordered from dealextreme by standard shipping and it took forever.

9. 4saken

Nov 28, 2006
    newegg is USA only.. dz-tech (or something) also has Kingstons. If you wait a while they will start to become mainstream (like the 1GB ones are)

10. iwakura

iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    California
    uhh...about a week ago i got a 2gb japan from buy.com. dunno what the chances of japan are. I think i may have been lucky...

11. 4saken

Nov 28, 2006
    buy.com doesn't ship to Australia :/

12. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    I have a Sandisk 2 GB and it works like a charm in my M3 Simply. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow works perfect (also the intro), but I haven't tested Portrait of Ruins. Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam doesn't work very good. It has too many slowdowns to enjoy it.

13. NemesisHunter

NemesisHunter GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2007
    Canada
    I caught sight of a Kingston Japan 2GB MicroSD card at my local electronics store. Will this work well with Castlevania : POR and other read/write speed-affected NDS games?