Can someone reccomend me similar mangas?

Icealote

My Winter...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi tempers,

So far I'm digging these types of mangas at the moment:

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Beelzebub
Freezing (Currently reading)
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (I don't understand why people like this, so far I've read up to chapter 49)

I already am up to date with Naruto and Bleach (I only read these because it's a love/hate relationship with fillers). I've got Fairy Tail and Air Gear on the next to read however I'm not a fan of the One Piece art style.

So can anyone recommend me something similar to the first three mangas I've listed? It be much appreciated. I have looked at the essential manga and it doesn't quite help me.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One Piece art style changes and you get used to it once you read more into it.
OP001_02.jpg

i598.05.jpg
Give it a chance, you shouldn't miss a great storyline for something like that.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Well you should really finish up on what you're reading and get started on Fairy Tail; it's more awesome than other mainstream manga's IMO, with the exception on One Piece however because i haven't read the manga but anime is quite awesome and most of the time the manga counter-part is better.

Some others you may be interested in:

Full Metal Alchemist
Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X, The wandering samurai)
Soul-Eater

Icealote

My Winter...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes I should have listed all the manga I've read (and anime I've seen). I do apologise for that! What I have read/seen are (besides the earlier list):

Rurouni Kenshin
Soul Eater
FMP (all of it of the anime, is there more manga to it?)
Code Geass
D. Gray man
High School of the Dead
Angel Beats
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Law of Ueki
Full Metal Alchemist (both new and old)

There are more but I can't remember all of them so far. I'll try getting into Fairytail, Inuyasha, One Piece later because I really struggle to get used to the art style. It's like trying to appreciate the earlier horror movies compared to the modern horror including remakes.
The main stream stuff I think it's just mere boredom I watch/read because since there's so many of them compared to the others.
However at the moment I'm more drawn to similar genres like the Freezing and History's Strongest. I appreciate the feedback so far. Making a list of the ones I haven't read
tongue.gif
Mind you I have a lot of free time at the moment and I tend to read most in one go or so (holidays lol)

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and Reborn is horrible, it's like the first 100 chapters are fillers. Even when you get to the main arcs, they are a boring, slow paced mess.

vash117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try code:breaker, cage of Eden and Eden:its and endless world but if you don't mind american drawn stuff then try the walking dead

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Icealote said:
Someone explain to me why they incorporate fillers in the first place?

Manga and anime both come out weekly for series like Bleach, but it takes 3-4 chapters to make an episode. When they run out of chapters, they have to make stuff up until the manga catches up.

Icealote

My Winter...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
mysticwaterfall said:
Icealote said:
Someone explain to me why they incorporate fillers in the first place?

Manga and anime both come out weekly for series like Bleach, but it takes 3-4 chapters to make an episode. When they run out of chapters, they have to make stuff up until the manga catches up.

Ah thanks for that explanation. I'm more happy to wait for the real story. Now it made me think, fillers in a manga/anime are like side quests to a RPG LOL

Icealote

My Winter...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What do you mean by shounen? Are there different types of manga or something?

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Woo hoo time to read it all
tongue.gif

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
GameWinner said:
Oh and Reborn is horrible, it's like the first 100 chapters are fillers. Even when you get to the main arcs, they are a boring, slow paced mess.

lolwut. How can a manga have fillers?...

Anyway, the action in Hitman Reborn only starts at chapter 62. The first 61 chapters are mostly comedy/school life, which are mainly to introduce the characters.
I highly suggest you to continue reading it, I find the story to be very uniqe (and amazingly good) to be honest.

Icealote

My Winter...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
^ I shall take your word for that lol I'm finding it hard to like Reborn from the beginning. If you say it get's better around there I'll catch up then!

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Whats with those overrated always read manga? We should give him underrated ones where they are really good, but hard to be seen becasue super hardcore fans who always read the same shit.(Lol. Dont flame me now, i just find it ignorant of people that isnt willing to read other than the top 10 shounen mangas)

Aphorism
Ga-Rei

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol