Can someone read this and help me?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Fulcaire, Jan 7, 2007.

Jan 7, 2007
  1. Fulcaire
    OP

Member Fulcaire GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Alright, I ordered a M3 DS Simply, and going to use my MicroSD 512MB Card.
    I've been wondering about this and wondering if anyone could hook me up with some tutorials.

Can someone please give me a tutorial/guide or lay down what to do to install games onto the M3 DS Simply and what 'folders' do I have to drag into the M3 DS Simply? Where do I get the folders, the CD that comes with the M3 DS Simply right?

Also, I heard to play videos and music, you need Moonshell. Also heard videos have to be in '.dpg' format. I got a .dpg movie ready to go, and got a lot of songs. I also downloaded Version 1.6finalbeta3 of MoonShell that was released on January 3rd which was said to be compatible with M3 DS Simply. Can someone explain or give me a guide/tutorial on how to install Moonshell on the M3 DS Simply?

Thank you!
    Please help.

I also received my M3 DS Simply today and I read that I need to drag skin-*.jpg into the memory card. My CD did not have a skin-*.jpg file in it, someone hook me up, please and help me

thx

- Fulcaire

2. manomanx2

Newcomer manomanx2 Advanced Member

United States
    copied and pasted this from where I answered someone else

Alright, here we go:

1. Download firmware version 1.01 from HERE.
    2. Unzip the file.
    3. Select (highlight, basically) ALL THE FILES in the folder you just unzipped the file to. Copy what you've just selected.
    4. At this time, connect your microSD card to your computer. Wait for it to load up, and open My Computer. You should see something along the lines of "Removable Disk /X:", X being the letter of the drive.
    5. Right click on the Removable Disk drive and select "Format".
    6. Now, open up the Removable Disk drive. You should have no files or folders inside it at this point. Paste the files and folders you copied earlier from the 1.01 firmware folder RIGHT INTO THE EMPTY DRIVE, or what is called the root. It is called the root because it is the base folder of the drive, with nothing inside it.
    7. Now, you are basically done setting up. You can now make a folder named "Games" (IN THE ROOT ALSO), and copy/paste all your game roms into there.

If you're having trouble visualizing what I've just listed, take a look at THIS thread, where I asked about the same thing. Look at the pictures to see how other people have set up their microSD cards. Good luck with your Simply, hope this has helped. Feel free to ask any questions.

3. mcbey

Member mcbey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    In you asking can, yes i do have the ability to read your post and in doing that i might be able to help you in your problem, what you should be asking if I MAY read your post and will help you if I can. [​IMG]

4. Fulcaire
    OP

Member Fulcaire GBAtemp Regular

United States
    [​IMG]
    You act like my teacher lol...
    If you say 'can i go to the bathroom', she'll say 'yes you have legs don't cha?'

and thanks manomax.

still looking on ways how to install Moonshell and I need this file "skin-*.jpg" in the M3 Simply Manual that comes in the CD,it says you need skin-*.jpg.

[​IMG]