Can someone post a "Idiot's Guide to M3 Perfect"?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by imgod22222, Apr 6, 2008.

1. imgod22222
    OP

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    I bought an M3 Perfect about a month ago 'cause "it's the best cart" and all I face is trouble now.

Can someone post an idiots guide on how to set it up/everything else?

1) The music menu doesn't even display any of my MP3s
    2) None of my homebrew works (even boots) Only Moonshell does.
    3) Is there autodldi on it, and how to set up?
    4) Anyway to get rid of the splash screen "THIS DOES NOT BELONG TO NINTENDO" or make it go by faster?
    5) Is it normal that it always displays an error after starting up the M3 after having homebrew open "Could not find the save, blah blah blah, click A to continue"

2. Xeronage

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

1. It's because it doesnt play MP3s
    2. Because the M3 perfect was made before DLDI, you have to manually paste the DLDI files onto the ROM.(There are programs for that out there)
    3. Read above, no
    4. Nope
    5. No, Because when you use the M3 Game Manager, it writes savegames along with it! (It doesnt create it on the fly)
    However, because you have it with homebrew, I'll assume you copied it over directly. You have to use the Directly Copy option from the game manager so it'll create a save for it.

3. imgod22222
    OP

United States
    This makes me miss my supercard... [​IMG] Okay, I'll have to do that. Thanks.

4. tguellich

Newcomer tguellich Advanced Member

United States
    Shoulda bought an M3DS Real [​IMG]

5. imgod22222
    OP

United States
    I needed a new slot2 'cause my old one broke. I got an R4 in my top slot. I'm glad with it. I just want PBR to work >:L

6. rashef

Member rashef GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    1) Either use built-in moonshell (extend) or your own. Music menu is remnant of GBA mode's .gbs play feature.
    2) Most likely to work are ds.gba homebrew files. Some others require manual dldi and/or press Start to boot instead of regular A button. Heck, some even don't always work and have random 10% chance of nonbooting (at least for me), you need to experiment a bit.

7. imgod22222
    OP

United States
    Okay, so DSO works on-and-off... mostly off... Moonshell works like cake (which is a good thing) and ComicBook DS doesn't boot. Any suggestions for these pieces of popular homebrew?

8. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Like rashef said, for homebrew to work, it has to be the .ds.gba version, not the plain .nds like you would use on your R4. The difference between .nds and .ds.gba is that the .ds.gba has a 512B loader appended to the beginning of the ROM so that it can boot from slot-2.

This should have also been the case with your former Supercard slot-2 cart. In fact, you can use the same Magic Supercard Homebrew Patcher to append the loader (it will generate a .sc.nds file, which you can either rename or just use as is).

*ALL* homebrew should work on the M3 Perfect if they are loader and DLDI patched correctly.

I, too, was pretty disappointed with the interface of the M3 Perfect when I first got it. I had previously had a G6 Lite and CycloDS Evolution, which have the best interfaces of any slot-2 or slot-1 card respectively, so I guess my expectations were too high. The ugly license disclaimer screen, mandatory save screens (often two of them in succession if you've been using both NDS and GBA ROMs), home screen full of useless icons, poor formating of the NDS menu with icons jammed together and tons of wasted space on the top and bottom, lack of touchscreen control, lack of ability to boot GBA ROMs from the DS menu, etc. are all really really terrible. I would absolutely love an alternative firmware even if it could only load GBA and homebrew DS (all I use my M3 for anyway). However, it really is a good card if you can get past the nasty interface.

...word is bondage...

9. nintendough

Member nintendough Advanced Member

United States
    Sorry for the n00b questions, but where can I download the Game Manager that lets me enable RTC in games? Poke Emerald is being stubborn (I have a Lite Perfect) and can someone explain DLDI to me? I have no idea what that is and worry that it may be part of the problem for me...

10. imgod22222
    OP

United States
    Loader patched? Explain please. And how-to please.

*sigh* SC was so much easier... drag 'n' drop .sc.nds and then done. Even back with PAFS.

Nintendough... check the download centre. Its under game managers...or use the search function.

11. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Dropping an .sc.nds file onto your M3 Perfect will work, too (unless it needs to be DLDI patched first). Like I said, an .sc.nds file is just a .nds file with the 512B loader already appended, which is also what a .ds.gba file is, so you can drop either of those onto the M3 and they'll work. Since most people are using slot-1 cards these days, many homebrews aren't distributed in .ds.gba or .sc.nds versions anymore, so you have to be able to create them yourself.

PAFS, GBFS, DLDI and even pre-DLDI libfat homebrews will all work on the M3 Perfect.