Can someone port Sonic 3 A.I.R. to the Wii U? Surprised it hasn't yet, as it went open source in October 2021

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you build it???
I think all sonics are similar when building. Libraries like libtheora, libogg, or sdl2 along with symlinks. This is only based on what I know of mania and cd.
Post automatically merged:

Looks like it's using docker, so download docker desktop, which works in cmd prompt or wsl2. If using wsl2, you have to enable it manually for each distro in docker's settings.

Last edited by godreborn,

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you tell me how to install the mod ? do i put it in wiiu/apps/Sonic1 ? (for sonic 1 forever)
Oh sorry I missed your question, you want to put mods for sonic 1 in wiiu/apps/Sonic1/mods and for Sonic 2, it's wiiu/apps/Sonic2/mods

I've had no luck with mods for Sonic CD, not sure if they can even be done on the Wii U as things stand. Fortunately it has the options and save file select right out of the gate, so it's not in nearly as much need of the likes of the Sonic 1 Forever or Sonic 2 Absolute mods, still there are great Sonic CD mods out there that I would like to get to work on my Wii U all the same.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried that and as gamebananas a mess and i don't know what I'm looking for....
Alright, it might be easier for you to go directly to the source here: https://teamforeveronline.wixsite.com/home

If a mod doesn't work, try an earlier version, as I recall the latest Sonic 1 Forever mod (at the time, this was a few months back) would freeze the Wii U, but the version earlier worked great.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright, it might be easier for you to go directly to the source here: https://teamforeveronline.wixsite.com/home

If a mod doesn't work, try an earlier version, as I recall the latest Sonic 1 Forever mod (at the time, this was a few months back) would freeze the Wii U, but the version earlier worked great.
Now we're talkin! Thanks man, I've been on this site before but the links weren't working and i assumed it was just an info page lol! Got it now.

Cheers @MikaDubbz :yayu:

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh sorry I missed your question, you want to put mods for sonic 1 in wiiu/apps/Sonic1/mods and for Sonic 2, it's wiiu/apps/Sonic2/mods

I've had no luck with mods for Sonic CD, not sure if they can even be done on the Wii U as things stand. Fortunately it has the options and save file select right out of the gate, so it's not in nearly as much need of the likes of the Sonic 1 Forever or Sonic 2 Absolute mods, still there are great Sonic CD mods out there that I would like to get to work on my Wii U all the same.
I’m more interested in Sonic CD mods honestly, I can’t think of any mods I’m interested in for Sonic 1&2, however for Sonic CD there’s a mod to add Knuckles as a third playable character, but the one I’m mostly interested in adds a proper level select upon a complete save file, something the other ports did properly.

The was Sonic CD 2011 handled completing a save not only missed this opportunity for a proper level select but it broke something all previous versions did better and that is saving you in a spot where you Can go back and grab the missing time stones in an otherwise complete save file so that you can get the good ending, unfortunately you can't do that in the 2011 version and onwards, if you get to the last boss without all time stones you're stuck with the bad ending on that file.

Now we're talkin! Thanks man, I've been on this site before but the links weren't working and i assumed it was just an info page lol! Got it now.

Cheers @MikaDubbz :yayu:
Did you have any luck with Sonic 1 Forever and Sonic 2 Absolute? I didn't get any luck installing them before 😕

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’m more interested in Sonic CD mods honestly, I can’t think of any mods I’m interested in for Sonic 1&2, however for Sonic CD there’s a mod to add Knuckles as a third playable character, but the one I’m mostly interested in adds a proper level select upon a complete save file, something the other ports did properly.

The was Sonic CD 2011 handled completing a save not only missed this opportunity for a proper level select but it broke something all previous versions did better and that is saving you in a spot where you Can go back and grab the missing time stones in an otherwise complete save file so that you can get the good ending, unfortunately you can't do that in the 2011 version and onwards, if you get to the last boss without all time stones you're stuck with the bad ending on that file.

Did you have any luck with Sonic 1 Forever and Sonic 2 Absolute? I didn't get any luck installing them before 😕
Na, they don't work. I tried the whole folders and just the menu ones in the path and still nothing. Giving up now with one last request.... can anyone post a pic of what the menus look like so I can at least un-pause the fucking things!!! You'd think pressing plus again would do it.....

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Na, they don't work. I tried the whole folders and just the menu ones in the path and still nothing. Giving up now with one last request.... can anyone post a pic of what the menus look like so I can at least un-pause the fucking things!!! You'd think pressing plus again would do it.....
I wonder if you need to edit a specific ini file for the mods to work 🤔
I wish the Wii U versions just used those basic PC menus like the 3DS and PS Vita.

muniryka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I wonder if you need to edit a specific ini file for the mods to work 🤔
I wish the Wii U versions just used those basic PC menus like the 3DS and PS Vita.
Hey I sent you a message in your PMs on how to install the Sonic CD + 1 + 2 modded with Sonic Forever + Sonic 2 Absolute. ☺
Sonic CD is unmoddable apparently.
If you need help with installing Sonic Mania Plus decomp then tell me.

Reactions: sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I sent you a message in your PMs on how to install the Sonic CD + 1 + 2 modded with Sonic Forever + Sonic 2 Absolute. ☺
Sonic CD is unmoddable apparently.
If you need help with installing Sonic Mania Plus decomp then tell me.
Thank you so much, I actually already have Sonic Mania Plus as well as Sonic CD and Sonic 1&2 running on Wii U just fine I just had trouble getting the mods to run with Sonic 1&2 I got them working on Sonic Mania and even have Amy as a playable character.

Reactions: muniryka

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mods may be disabled for sonic cd. there's part of the code for say sonic mania called retro mod loader. when it's set to 1, mods should work, but if it's set to 0, they don't. iirc, the 3ds version requires it be set to 0 or it won't compile. I think sonic cd for the wiiu or 3ds (forgot which) had the same problem, but @Voxel fixed the problem. I'm not sure if it's fixed with the 3ds, but I always disable first before building.

muniryka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Thank you so much, I actually already have Sonic Mania Plus as well as Sonic CD and Sonic 1&2 running on Wii U just fine I just had trouble getting the mods to run with Sonic 1&2 I got them working on Sonic Mania and even have Amy as a playable character.
okay great! the tutorial i sent does also have how to install mods for 1&2 so follow it if you need to

Reactions: sonictopfan

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, what would be the best way to start the port on this? should i be trying to port the windows or android version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.